PDA

View Full Version : A little disappointed...

florida girl
04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
We are new members and I was all excited about getting my new PIN # in the mail so I could check out the dvc member website. It came today and I jumped right on and discovered I had to fill out a form to get info on when a room would be available for booking. I expected to be able to punch in dates and see what was available and make my decision from there. Now I have to wait up to 3 days!!!! for the answer to my questions on availability!

Do you find yourself making reservations through this site or do you usually call to make a reservation? Any advice is appreciated!

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 04:29 PM
The website is not up to speed for making any kind of ressies or requests. You definitely want to call Member Services to make them.
The website is good for looking and getting the latest news, but that's it.

mook3y
04-26-2007, 05:26 PM
We are new members, but there is no way we will use that form for our reservations. lol I want to know if I got it right away!!! So we call.

:D

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
We called to book our first trip home. It was nice because I had some more questions I needed answered and they were very helpful.
:thumbsup:

vizsla
04-27-2007, 04:28 AM
When making a ressie or just checking for availability for a certain time frame you are better off just calling Member Services because you will get your answer immediately.

nickcapp
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
We always use the phone.

However, if they ever integrate their resvervation system with the web site, I will certainly use that.

It has only been a short time since they started to allow you to review your point balance. Ressies can't be too far behind.

TiggerRPh
04-27-2007, 10:03 AM
We are new members and I was all excited about getting my new PIN # in the mail so I could check out the dvc member website. It came today and I jumped right on and discovered I had to fill out a form to get info on when a room would be available for booking. I expected to be able to punch in dates and see what was available and make my decision from there. Now I have to wait up to 3 days!!!! for the answer to my questions on availability!

Do you find yourself making reservations through this site or do you usually call to make a reservation? Any advice is appreciated!

We always call.

Fortgoofy97
04-27-2007, 11:46 AM
The website is nice for the info it provides! You are able to look at what points are needed for different scenarios, which is what we use it for. It is much better to call to make the ressie, the CM can look at more than just your time frame and may make suggestions if your travel time is flexible. The more flexible you are the better the CM can work with you in finding available rooms. If you just want a certain type of room at only one resort for a set time you can use the online ressie. But if your flexible and willing to change call the CM !