PDA

View Full Version : Kali River Rapids

packofjedis
04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Are there any lockers near Kali River Rapids? Or will we have to walk all the way to the front of the park? We've always taken our stuff and put it in the middle compartment, but since my sister is coming with us this year with her "nice" camera, it might be better to rent a locker.

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

CM~Mserrano
04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Since the last time i've been there, there have never been any lockers, or i've never noticed them. I wuld just suggest bringing a ziplock bag with you and when it's ride time, putting the camera in there. It would also be useful for thos occasional rain showers too.

WDWdriver
04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Nope. No lockers in the area. There is a storage compartment in the center of the raft, but it is not watertight. Many riders bring their own plastic bags for items such as cameras and cell phones.

TKSax
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Have they toned down Kali? When I was there in 2001 we road and everyone in the boat got soaked and ended up bying cloths, however when we were back in 2004 and road we just got a little wet, I had heard some rumors to that effect.

WDWdriver
04-26-2007, 03:47 PM
On a typical trip only two or three riders will get soaked. Everyone else just gets a little wet. The ride can be toned down on cold winter days by turning off some of the geysers and sprinklers. But otherwise nothing has changed in the last few years.

rsumrall
04-26-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm shocked that Disney hasn't started selling ziplock bags with a mickey emblem on them at the entrance of the ride. We always take a gallon-sized bag and zip up our valuables and put them in the middle compartment. Sometimes my neurotic wife will double-bag it.

starrmomof2
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I carried a zip top bag with me in my pack to use in case of rain or water rides. I put my camera in it and then back in my pack, setting the pack in the center of the 'raft'. It kept it nice and dry, which worked well since I was one of the two people who got soaked on the ride.:D

BigRedDad
04-26-2007, 07:49 PM
We were there on our Honeymoon in 2001. We were invited to a free breakfast at Donald's Breakfastsaurus. The CM noticed we were honeymooning and we were the only ones waiting outside. We went in, ate breakfast, the manager came out and said thank you. He handed us a bill for $0. Right after we ate, KRR opened up with no one around. My wife and I went on it and never got off the raft 3 times in a row. We were absolutely soaking wet from 9AM until we left at 1PM. I am not talking splashed lightly. We got off like we had just jumped in the water.

LudwigVonDrake
04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I last rode it in 2005 and got absolutely DRENCHED!

A Big Kid
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
One time was enough for me. After getting soaked, I never went on it again. If I was to get wet, I'll go to the water parks.

mook3y
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
definately use a zip lock bag that has the plastic slide on it to assure it is sealed. I would not use a cheap zip lock bag to protect a nice camera.

"you may get soaked".... more like you might get dang near drowned! If you happen to be in the right (DS4's view) seat or wrong (my view) seat, you can get as wet as if you jumped in a pool.

One tip... if you put your feet up on the center console high enough, you can usually keep your shoes and socks from getting wet.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-27-2007, 10:14 AM
My son is a jinx when it comes to Kali. Whoever is sitting next to him WILL get soaked...lol.

I guess that is why I always sit across the raft from him. :secret: ;)