PDA

View Full Version : April Vacation 13-22: Part 2

c&d
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Day 3: Monday: We go zoom.

For Christmas I had given DH the rookie experience at Richard Petty. He had to be there at 12:30 and we could be there at 2:00 to see him race. We decided we would all go together since there really wasn’t a lot DS and I would be able to do. Not being NASCAR people it was neat to be around the cars and we got to watch a group of people go on the ride along while DH was in class. Finally the rookies start and DH decided to do a ride along prior to his solo. He said he was really glad he did because he got to see how well the cars hold the road and handle. He really enjoyed it and convinced me to do a ride along. Wow, I had so much fun, you go wicked fast. At the end they took all the kids for a ride around the track in the van. Even they went zoom. I highly recommend it.

When we got done we headed over to MK for a couple of rides. We did laugh floor again and again DS was picked to be on camera. We know it was because he was wearing his coon skin cap. We then did stitch again and Buzz. It was kind of crowded so we headed back over to the Villas and the pool. We grabbed a quick meal at Roaring Forks and while DH and I had a cocktail, DS spent “quality” time in the arcade. A fun evening was had by all.

Day 4: Tuesday: Save the Ducklings & MGM

We decided on Tuesday to hang around the pool in the morning. When we got to the pool the mother had her ducklings swimming around. DS gets into the pool and thinks it is way cool to be swimming with them. We tell him to stay away from them and let them swim. A couple of minutes later a dad and his 2 kids arrive and they kids see the ducklings in the pool. They then jump into the pool and start chasing the ducklings around the pool trying to catch them. Dad is on the phone and when they ask if they can catch, he says sure but they may not like it. :nono: Now the mother is just trying to get her ducklings out of harm’s way, aka the kids, when another man decides they are stuck in the pool and they need help getting out.

They had been born not that long before and they couldn’t get out of the pool. So people had put towels at the edge of the pool and the mother would get them over there and they would walk up the towels and get out. I had seem them do this earlier and I thought it very nice to put the towels there. This group decides to “save the ducklings”. There are now 2 kids and 2 adults chasing the ducklings around the pool, the mother is angry and tries to bite one of the kids. Other people including us are standing there in shock at this behavior. Finally the ducklings are “saved” and they run and hide. The mother of the kids shows up and the kids and dad are now shouting how they saved the babies from drowning. A CM walks by and they proudly tell them what they did and the CM said they should never have touched the ducklings. It was one of those moments when I know we should have said something but we and another family were just dumbstruck by their behavior.

I did get a really cute picture of DS with the ducklings swimming in the background.

After the duckling incident we swam a little more, headed back to our room changed and headed over to MGM. We fast passed RnRC, checked out the wait on ToT and then went to the Commissary for lunch. After lunch we went over to see the Indiana Jones show. I have to admit in all our trips we’ve never watched it, mainly because we never get the timing right. It was a good show and I’m glad we finally made a point of doing it. After that we headed over to ToT and RnRC. We had dinner reservations at Hoop De Doo so we headed back to our hotel. This is yet another thing we’ve never done and we enjoyed the show a lot. After the show, we took a hayride. We figured it was just a hayride but it turned out to be the fireworks hayride. Who knew? It was great, they pulled up along the beach, the music was piped in and we got to watch Wishes from an entirely new place. I did not know they did this and there were only about 8 people on the ride. What a great little secret.

Christine
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh man, that duckling situation would have made me :mad: I'm glad they were not harmed, although I am sure they were certainly traumatized! Wouldn't it have been neat if everyone there would have chased that little bratty boy around the pool as his mother tried to protect him??? Geesh, I can't stand when kids are abusive to animals (whether they "mean to be" or not!)

ANYWAY, sounds like your DH's driving dream was a hit! And what a nice treat to go on a Wishes hayride! Cool!

pogo
04-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Another great day with the exception of the duckling incident.:thumbsup:

I'm afraid I wouldn't have been so polite to the other family. Patti would have had to hold me back.:mad:

Thanks for sharing. :D

merlinmagic4
04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Great report! Sorry about the ducks :( Tell me more about the hayride? Do you get that after the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show? I love finding out about little things like that. I think we might try the Hoop Dee Doo on one of our next trips so I would really be interested in specifics!

We were there the same week and it is so interesting to see what other people were doing at the same time!

c&d
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Tell me more about the hayride? Do you get that after the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show? I love finding out about little things like that. I think we might try the Hoop Dee Doo on one of our next trips so I would really be interested in specifics!

We went to the 7:15 show and as we were leaving they said there was a hayride across from the exit if you wanted to take it. It cost about $21 and as we were about to start, the driver said this is the fireworks ride. The MK fireworks were at 10:00 and we got on the hayride about 9:40ish.

My impression was they do this every night. I guess you could call Ft. Wilderness and ask about it.

faline
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Sounds like the whole family enjoyed the Petty driving experience!

I've never done the hay ride. Sounds like it was really fun!

Poor little ducks! It would be so much better if parents could help children understand that animals can be hurt by their actions!

magicman
04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't they serve duck at some of the restaurants...hmmm...maybe that's why the CM didn't want the ducks "saved".;) Seriously, it can prove to be a serious mistake for parents to allow their kids to start messing with wild creatures. (Ask a Park Ranger at Yellowstone.)

The hayride sounds like one great, magical memory. Although, I love seeing the fireworks from the front of the castle, I'm going to do a better job of looking for other memorable spots.

Thanks for the great report.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, fireworks on the hayride - I bet that was a real treat! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

CarolinaWDWFan
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
:mad: I just have no tolerance for bad behavior. Kudos to the CM for correcting them on what they did!

On another note, glad to hear that Richard Petty's Driving Experience was a great one!

Bethanymouse
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow I bet that the Petty driving experience was awesome. Thanks for the review- we are thinking of doing this for my dad next year! Another great report! Thank you so much for sharing. You are having so much fun!:cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
That hayride fireworks show must have been amazing! :fworks: Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Everything sounds great except for the ducklings incident. I'm glad your husband enjoyed his present. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: That hayride sounds really nice:mickey:

MissStyles
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
That hayride sounds very cool...:cool:

Poor ducks!!! I'm glad they made it out of the pool okay.