PDA

View Full Version : a hot day at the Beach Club...

January-2007
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
We will be staying at the Beach Club in a month! We haven't stayed there before and are really excited about the pool since I'm sure we'll be spending a great amount of time there. This is our in-between theme parks trip so we want to utilize what this resort has to offer. Any great tips about the place, pool, things to do, etc? Thanks! :mickey:

threeh
04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
The pool is great!!! WHen I was planning our 05 trip I googled storm along bay and someone had an entire website dedicated to the pool. You can rent tubes and float along parts of it.
Have a wonderful trip!!!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-26-2007, 04:02 PM
BC offers many options:

Boat rentals
Walk over to BW (free entertainment after 6 PM)
Hang out on the beach
Dining options galore (YC, BC, Swan, Dolphin, BW, and of course EPCOT's WS - also close to MGM)
YC side of SAB provides a great pool area for younger kids complete with a sandbar to build castles on
Beaches & Cream for lunch or snacks
Quiet alcoves to read (inside) or relax
SAB - pool slide, kiddie pool on the pirate ship, sand bottoms, small lazy river, hot tubs (tough to find some of these), playground area for kids
Great CM's - especially Art the Greeter if he's there!

rblais1968
04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
This is one of our favorite resorts. The pool area is the size of a water park with slides, rivers, etc. The restaurants are nice, but we found that this resort lacked one thing, no simple - fast food options. If you are the type who like quick breaskfasts and lunchs you will need to plan ahead and walk over to the BW resort (next door).

If you are going to just relax at the resort and skip the parks, you might want to check-out concierge level rooms. They come with amenities like continental breakfasts, snacks, drinks, etc inlcuded in the room price.

Have a great vacation.

SgtTigger
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Beaches & Cream for lunch or snacks

Oh man I can taste it now...... I need a limerickey........

Dont miss Beaches and Cream......

:tasty:

:cop: :tigger:

January-2007
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
I hear a lot about the pool being one of the best on property. How about in super busy times of the year- does it ever get too crowded to be fun? We'll be there over Memorial Day weekend and the following week, 8 nights total. Really, the plan is for this trip to be about total relaxation, and we were planning on hanging out at the resort a lot more than we normally would, and go swimming for hours every day. Will the pool be ultra crowded, or is it big enough that it doesn't so much matter?

Thanks for all the above info, too, I really appreciate it!!! :mickey:

Donald Duck
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
BS is our favorite resort.
Don't miss Cape May Cafe for buffet breakfast or buffet dinner.
Walk to EPCOT and take the boat to MGM.
Rent a boat, it's a lot of fun.

The pool is the best. The only complaint I had about the pool the last time we were there (Oct '05) was that it closed at 8:00 pm ! The Quiet pool was open later.

DisneyEpcotDad
05-01-2007, 09:29 PM
A family visit to Beaches and Cream. As others have said enjoy the pool! A leisurely walk around the resort area to Boardwalk in the evening when it is cooler! :mickey:

ImagiAsh
05-01-2007, 11:48 PM
How about in super busy times of the year- does it ever get too crowded to be fun? Will the pool be ultra crowded, or is it big enough that it doesn't so much matter?

I've stayed at the Beach Club several times during it's busiest seasons/holidays. I never found it to be overcrowded. There was always that afternoon flow of people who came back to take a break from the parks, but other than that, I never felt that it was getting too clustered. The pool area is definitely big enough that it doesn't cause a problem!:thumbsup: Also, you can't miss Beaches 'n Cream... I visit the Beach Club even when I'm not staying there just to make a stop at Beaches 'n Cream. :D

wendy*darling
05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
The pool complex is pretty big and spread out- so you don't see everyone at the same time. And the CM's are very good at checking wristbands for entry- if you are not a resort guest, you won't get in.

Other things to do at the resort:
Tennis- complimentary to resort guests
Health Club- also complimentary for the length of your stay at the resort.
Jogging maps are available at the front desk & in the Health Club.
Sand volleyball court- equipment available free of charge to guests at the resort.
Arcade- next door to Beaches & Cream
Marina- all sorts of water craft available for rental right outside the resort.

Plus- you have all the entertainment available at the Boardwalk if you are looking for more to do.