PDA

View Full Version : Car Rentals

disney100%
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I thought I had read somewhere that you can rent a car through Guest Services at any of the Disney Resorts. Has anyone done this? How did you go about doing this? What company is it through? Thanks in advance for any help!

CrazyStitch
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
This is going off what I've read here at Intercot, WDW has a Car Care Center (I believe that's what it's called) onsite that you can rent from, I believe National and Alamo are the companies. Just let the front desk know you want to go there, and they'll send a shuttle to pick you up.

Edit: I tried to find info on Info Central about this, but all I could find was this entry on the Off-Site Transportation page:

Rental Cars:
If you are planning to spend more than one day away from Disney property, renting a car may be your best option. Rental rates, depending upon season, type and size of car, and availability run from $20 to $60 per day. If you only need a car for one or two days, your best bet would be National, which is the official car rental agency of Disney. National is located on Disney property and will transport you between their location (Disney's Car Care Center) and your hotel. A rental car gives you the ability to control when and where you go on any of your excursions outside of Disney. If you want to visit an outlet store or a local restaurant before you return the car, you have that freedom, as opposed to the regimented schedules of other services. If you are traveling with small children, child safety seats are available for an additional charge.

disney100%
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Thank you so much! Sounds easy enough! My aunt and uncle will be traveling with us to get to Disney, but they are going to leave at a different time. They were thinking they would have to take a shuttle back to the airport. This certainly will save them some time! Thanks again for the info!

Fortgoofy97
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
You can also rent through the SWAN/Dolphin Resort. There is an Alamo/National rental agency there as well.

Beast_fanatic
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
National is no longer available from the Car Care Center location, but Alamo is, and both are available from the Dolphin.

lindique
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Besides Alamo/National at the Car Care Center and/or Dolphin, the other major companies have small offices at the hotels on Hotel Blvd, near Downtown Disney. I believe Dollar, Avis, and Budget are there. In addition, I just read somewhere that Hertz has an office at Shades of Green. So you have plenty of choices! Most (if not all) of them will send a shuttle to pick you up. The offices on Hotel Blvd are walkable from the Marketplace bus stop in Downtown Disney.