PDA

View Full Version : Touring Plans

septembergirl
04-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Hello:
I see a lot of different offerings of WDW touring plans in books and on the web. I wondered if anyone has used them and could recommend a favorite, tried and true source.
:number1:

Thanks.

faline
04-26-2007, 05:33 AM
I've read over a number of them. I think they sound rather exhausting and a little too rigid for my liking. I prefer making my own plans and knowing I can deviate from my planning as I come across something that interests me.

Goofeygal
04-26-2007, 07:39 AM
I like the Birnbaums offical disny guide the best. It has alot of great advise and information.

goofiecrazy
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I also like the Birnbaum book as well. I read it but we end up doing our on thing when we get there.

Kairi_7378
04-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I read the Unofficial Guide before I discovered this website. We used their touring plans extensively during our trip, and we liked them. I didn't feel limited in what I saw or did at the World by following the plans. We did deviate a few times if we saw something interesting or didn't want to follow a particular step. Their crowd calculator is a good way to pick which park to visit on each day. Birbaums was also very helpful when we planned our days.

Dicecatt262
04-26-2007, 02:28 PM
TGM is my absolute fave, that is Tour Guide Mike. I've used his site for a couple of years now and I swear by his information, it is right on all the time. The best is his Best Days charts, he tells you to the exact date which parks are best that day and why, and why he doesn't recommend certain ones, taking into account park hours, parades, fireworks, special events...it is great. And the forum is really fun.

MOJoe
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I found the touring plans from the Unofficial Guide to be very helpfull. My family was amazed how much of the MK we covered by using one. I wouldn't, however, focus just on the plan itself. Having a good idea WHY a touring plan works is the key. The UG is very good at explaining their methods. And after you understand, you will be able to "taylor" one of their plans or create your own.
Have fun planning!