PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express and Southwest

septembergirl
04-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Hello:
Can someone tell me if Southwest participates in the Magical Express program?
Thanks

Piglet822
04-26-2007, 04:04 AM
All airlines are involved with the DME program. The only thing that a "participating" airline does is offer a resort check in service. If you are flying one of the "participating" airlines you can check in with your airline at your resort before you head out to the airport.
Coming into Orlando you can still use the luggage service by simply attaching your yellow DME tags to your bags before checking them at your home airport. The will be collected behind the scenes and transported to your resort via truck and delivered to your room several hours after your arrival.
On your return to MCO, bring your luggage with you to the DME bus. The driver will load it into the bus and return it to you at the airport where you will take it and check in at Southwest as you normally would.

faline
04-26-2007, 05:37 AM
We flew Southwest on our last trip. My husband didn't want to use the luggage service on the way to the resort (though we could have) so we picked up our bags the usual way and took them on the bus with us.

On the way back to the airport, it wasn't an option because Southwest is not a participating airline so we just brought our bags on the bus with us back to the airport. No issues!

Crow
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Im using SW for my May trip. just got my ME luggage tags in the mail yesterday. its good that i have transportation to & from the airport, that will save me some $$