PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP strategies

PNWmom
04-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Hopefully we will be going to MNSSHP for the first time this year on 10/30. Do you have an good strategies for a first timer?

Thanks,

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 06:59 AM
The later parade is less crowded because many people with smaller kids go to the earlier parade. Get a good seat in front to check out the Headless Horseman. Also, you can enter the park as early as 4 pm with your MNSSHP tickets and start going on rides (they'll give you your wristband so you won't have to exit)! When MK closes to the public, though, they will begin putting up the Halloween stuff. Don't miss the Hallo-wishes fireworks show.

prttynpnk
04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
And while all those little ones are enjoying the 1st parade it's an excellent time to hop on the more popular rides. We did POTC with no wait twice last year. :mickey:

biodtl
04-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Have the whole party dress in costumes. Our two families all did and it was a blast.

If your kids plan to get character autographs, this is a great night for it. The crowds are down, so the character lines were almost non-existent. We never had more than a few people in front of us. Most of our best character photos were from that night as well.

WED1901
04-26-2007, 08:39 AM
This party is great! They really transform the park with fun music, lights, and decorations. We have scheduled trips twice just so we could go to the party. There are no lines for the most part. We used the points from our Disney Visa to pay for our tickets. Good candy stops are along that walk way going from the ToonTown Train station towards Space Mountain. Alice and all of her friends line the path as well as candy stops every few yards.

Have Fun!:thumbsup:

threeh
04-26-2007, 10:22 AM
If you are going to any dining ressies do them ASAP the places for MNSSHP fill fast. Otherwise we try to get to MK right at 4pm, it is not crowded then.

Don't miss the fireworks they are AWESOME and I've heard the parade is really good too (we are usually doing rides so I've neer seen the parade)

Have fun!!!:mickey:

PNWmom
04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
How early can you get in with MNSSHP tickets only?

mook3y
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
How early can you get in with MNSSHP tickets only?

We got in last year at 4:30pm with just MNSSHP tickets.

DDuck66
04-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I would suggest that you have dinner before you go to the park and some counter service during the party. On our first time, we had an ADR for LTT at 5:45 and did not finish there until almost 7:30. We really missed a lot of the fun and now we never eat a sit down dinner during the party.

starrmomof2
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
We got there a little early last year and had hot dogs at Casey's Corner while watching all those without MNSSHP tickets leave the park. We watched the first parade and fireworks show, which worked out well for us as I was coming down with something and we ended up leaving right after the fireworks. :ill:
If we get to go back next year, and we're all feeling ok, I would ride during the first parade then do the character greetings, candy stops, etc after the fireworks because there were a lot of people leaving when we did, so I imagine the lines for all that drop dramatically. When the 'party' first opened, some of the meet and greet lines were an hour's wait.

Noah's Helper
04-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't know if they still do this or not, but the Cast Members used to herd those guests who were already in the park and staying for the party into one land during the hour they were setting up for the party. If they do this, you should avoid that one land for the first hour or so of the party.

Don't stand in long lines for candy, either. Wait until later, or go to another trick-or-treat station, and you should find plenty of short to nonexistent lines.

I'll repeat a tip I shared last year...

If your costume involves water-based face paint, do not ride Splash Mountain. Trust me on this! :blush:

mook3y
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Don't worry about getting enough candy. Plenty of castmembers with bags of it. Plus, when you exit the park, there is a chocolate trough just outside of the exits. They will be more than happy to accomodate any chocoholics. :D

QTPie68
04-28-2007, 03:55 AM
So here is a question: What is the best place to get a good view of the headless horseman and the parade?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
04-28-2007, 09:36 AM
My strategies...
Use the day of your Party tickets as a pool and shopping day - you'll be rested and you're not using up a day on your passes.

Avoid the candy lines. Unless you can't get candy at your house, its not really worth the time spent waiting for it (plus what an earlier poster said, you can pick up filled bags at the end of the party).

I believe the best place to view the Headless Horseman is around Liberty Square where they time his arrival with the reading of the story. We saw him at the very beginning of the route and it was a bit anticlimactic.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I should really know the answer to this but, we have never done MNSSHP. :blush: We are planning on going to the first one the night we arrive on the 14th.

Am I correct that if we are just going to the special event (arriving at the MK at 5pm or so) we do not need a separate park admission for that day?? Only a MNSSHP ticket for each of us??

If that is the case that would be great. We are arriving that day and do not usually do a park. We are also going to use our DVC rate for the tickets so it all seems to be working out in our favor for that night.

Thanks for answering a probably really silly question!! :confused:

biodtl
04-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Am I correct that if we are just going to the special event (arriving at the MK at 5pm or so) we do not need a separate park admission for that day?? Only a MNSSHP ticket for each of us??
That's right - as long as you aren't planning on entering the park earlier than that, the MNSSHP ticket is all you need.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-28-2007, 11:09 AM
That's right - as long as you aren't planning on entering the park earlier than that, the MNSSHP ticket is all you need.

Thanks!! That is great. My kids are asking to go now...lol. I was just showing them some pics on the web.

:mickey: :party:

Mickey91
04-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Hopefully we will be going to MNSSHP for the first time this year on 10/30. Do you have an good strategies for a first timer?

Thanks,
They have a special MNSSHP guide map. They usually put this out around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If you are there early it is a good idea to grab one. Better yet, if you notice them while in the park a day or so before you go,pick one up. It will give you a better idea of what is going on and when.

Now this is only an opinion. If you are staying for a week or so and will be in the MK for a day or two other than the party, do the fun halloween party stuff. That is what you have paid extra to do and it is only available during that time. If your main goal is to ride all the rides with little wait time then the party is a good time for that, but there isn't enough time to ride rides and do all the party stuff. Also, I make sure you buy your tickets soon. We have witnessed people who were told by CM's that a party would not sell out be turned away in full costume with very disappointed kids because the party did sell out. The parties are becoming very popular and I think more and more of them will sell out each year.

Have a great time!! You don't want to miss the parade! And don't miss the fireworks!
:mpumpkin: