PDA

View Full Version : Late night arrivals

PNWmom
04-26-2007, 12:15 AM
What do you do when your plane arrives late at night? Go straight to WDW using DME or try and find a hotel at the airport? What is it like to check in that late? Do you get your room request or not? We will be staying at POR.

Thanks,

faline
04-26-2007, 05:34 AM
On a few occasions, we've arrived rather late. We've gone straight to our resort and have never had an issue with getting a room we like.

BigRedDad
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I would leave this one on how late you get in. In my opinion, if you land at MCO after 9PM, you should see if you can get an airport hotel for around $40-$50. That will save you at least another $40-$50 for the few hours you will get from the resort (if it is a Value resort). You can take the hotel's airport shuttle back to MCO and then get on DME. Also, this will give you more time to insure you get a room you prefer instead of being stuck with what is available that late at night.

Just my $.02.

Fortgoofy97
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
If you get a hotel room at the airport that night then you will need to check into WDW the next day. Now assuming you go early in the morning you most likely not be able to get into your room until afternoon sometime. Now you have cut into your first full day at WDW. We ahve check in late at night, ok it was actually the next day when we checked in, but had no problems getting where we wanted to be. Riverside is pretty spread out, if your using an agency ask them to state on the ressie where you would like to be, Disney never guarantees location requests but will try to honor.

CleveRocks
04-26-2007, 07:17 PM
For our November trip, our flight arrived around 10 p.m. It was GREAT to get to our resort, go right to sleep, and then WAKE UP IN DISNEY WORLD and start our day off fresh. We didn;t have to begin our day messing around with checking out, getting to the airport, checking in with DME, getting on the DME bus, going to our resort, checking in, getting breakfast at some point on-the-fly, and then finally going towards a theme park. It was SOOOO nice to just start off fresh that morning.

Your mileage may vary.

NLODisney
04-26-2007, 07:44 PM
I am taking a trip in May and my flight arrives at midnight. I looked in to getting a room near the airport and checking in at PC the next morning but to save $30 or $40 it didn't seem worth the hassel. I like the fact that I'll be ready to go first thing in the morning to my first park.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2007, 12:05 AM
For our November trip, our flight arrived around 10 p.m. It was GREAT to get to our resort, go right to sleep, and then WAKE UP IN DISNEY WORLD and start our day off fresh. We didn;t have to begin our day messing around with checking out, getting to the airport, checking in with DME, getting on the DME bus, going to our resort, checking in, getting breakfast at some point on-the-fly, and then finally going towards a theme park. It was SOOOO nice to just start off fresh that morning.
This is our plan, too.
:plane: :sleepin: :mjump:

gueli
04-27-2007, 03:19 AM
I have never had to do this, but I like the idea of starting the day off fresh already @ the world...yeah it would be a few dollars more, and even if you did not get the ideal room location, I would think it would be easier to see about swaping during the next day.
good luck
Have fun
:mickey:

Tick-Tock
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
We're doing that tonight!:cloud9: Arriving MCO at 10:30 and going straight to CSR. We figured it was worth a few extra bucks to wake up ready to go tomorrow morning, since this is only a quick weekend trip anyway.

E-OR
04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Our first trip to WDW we did not get in until 10:30. We were staying at ASsport. It was so cool getting there and seeing everything lit up. In the morning we got up had breakfast and walked around the resort. On a couple other trips when we got in late we stayed our first night at one of the values and then switched over to AKL. When we get to Florida we are so anxoius to get to Disney that we don't care what time we get in.

mdricks
04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Im arriving for my next trip at 9:30 pm. Im lucky to have a local friend who is meeting me there to check in before i arrive so i dont have to deal with that.

Will DME take be directly to pleasure island?:blush: :thedolls:

CleveRocks
04-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Will DME take be directly to pleasure island?:blush: :thedolls:No, sorry. DME only brings people between MCO and the resort where they will be or were a guest. You can't take a DME bus to or from a theme park, DTD or a resort that you aren't/weren't a registered guest at on your day of check-in/check-out.

Sonia'sDad
04-29-2007, 03:49 AM
When we went last July, our plane got in around 10PM and we got to POFQ around 11:30 or so via DME. We were able to check in with no problems, get to our room and unpack some stuff (and had a handyman come up to cut the lock off DD's suitcase after apparently TSA broke the lock) and got up early for MK. Worked out very nicely (though of course we had to pay the extra night when we were barely there except to sleep...oh well!)

mdricks
04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
No, sorry. DME only brings people between MCO and the resort where they will be or were a guest. You can't take a DME bus to or from a theme park, DTD or a resort that you aren't/weren't a registered guest at on your day of check-in/check-out.

I was being facetious, my buddy's pickin me up! Mickey drives too slow.

:number1:

DisneyAddict62
04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree with it being so great to wake up and just head to the parks the next morning. We also usually arrive late 10:30 or so, and have had no problem checking in. It is rather nice that there are no lines!

This trip are flight is 6:30 AM :eek: and I'm not sure whether I am going to like this at all! I am not looking forward to getting the kids (7, 8 and 17, which will probably be the worst one :) ) up in the middle of the night to leave for the airport (about an hour away). Hopefully they will just fall back asleep on the plane (about a 2.5 hour flight).

raider97
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it depends on what resort you are going to and how busy they are... we just got back from a stay at Pop. Our plane didn't land at MCO until 10:00 p.m. When we got to Pop we didn't get any of our requests except the connecting rooms, which had been guaranteed to us when we booked. They even said they didn't have any more pack and plays, which I had requested when we booked. I told them they had to find me one since I had a one year old that needed to sleep in either one or a crib and they managed to find one. Our resort was packed though. So I would stay at a different hotel and check in the next morning.

HTH!!

Tick-Tock
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I agree with it being so great to wake up and just head to the parks the next morning. We also usually arrive late 10:30 or so, and have had no problem checking in. It is rather nice that there are no lines!

Surprisingly, there were enough people in line at 11:30-quarter to midnight last Friday at CS that they had about four people working the desk and we still had to wait for 10 minutes or so to check in! (I'm not complaining about the wait, I just found it strange given the hour.)

KellAnneL
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
We are arriving at 10:30 pm in Sept, too. We are using DME to go straight to PORFQ. By staying at the resort an extra night, we get one additional day of FREE DINING!!!

It was worth it to us, also to wake up fresh and ready for Tonga Toast at the Poly and then MK first thing the next morning. :cloud9: I can't wait to see the castle!!

Kellie

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:16 PM
We've checked in late before (after midnight one time), and we didn't have any problems at all. It's kind of nice because it's not usually that busy, and as someone else said, you wake up and you're there!:mickey: