PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review with the help of Natazu

pogo
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Disney World Dining Review with Help From Natazu….. Really !

While at WDW this past week we were treated to an extremely rare meal with Natazu and Sagessa after our Intercot Mini Meet. I’ll talk about the meet in a trip report later in the week, but I wanted to tell you this story while it was fresh in my mind.

While all the other Intercotee’s decided it was time to go their merry way, Patti and I hung with Natazu and Sagessa for what proved to be the highlight of our trip.

As you all know, Natazu is our “in house dining expert” and we soon learned why !:thumbsup:

With Natazu at the wheel of his gorgeous Ford Mustang convertible:car: , and Sagessa in the front passenger seat, we left the Magic Kingdom for a secret location that to this day will only be known only by the four of us. Jym had a plan to show us his favorite secret dining location.

We had been riding for about ten minutes and out of the blue, something was in the middle of the road but Jym didn’t see it and BAM…….. he hit it. The “it” was a possum folks. Yep…… he hit it good. Jym stopped and backed up and the headlights shown on the creatures little body in the middle of the road. While we were in horror with what just happened, Jym opened his door, jumped out, and ran to the possum in the middle of the road. :drama: He scooped it up and cradled it in his arms with a tear running down his cheek, he put it in the trunk of the car and sped off. I assumed we were heading for an animal hospital or something, but Jym did not say a word and neither did I.

He made a sharp right hand turn into Downtown Disney and quickly parked near Wolfgang Pucks Restaurant. He ran inside and came back to get his wife and us and carried the possum into the restaurant to be prepared.

As I looked at him in disbelief he said, “what….. you mean to tell me you never ate a possum before ? You are in for a real treat !" Man was I shocked.:jaw:

We sat down at a little table just off the Kitchen and there were about five or six cooks running around the kitchen putting our late night dinner together. Wolfy :chef: came out and he and Jym spoke for a while before he introduced us to him. I asked Wolfy what kind of wine he would suggest for this dinner and he left and returned with a wonderful bottle of Pinot Gris Heimbourg SGN vintage 2000. At only $192 a bottle, it seemed like a steal.

The first course served was a soup made from the trimmings of several different vegetables and the feet of the possum. Wolfy apologized as he could only salvage three of the possum’s feet. The other was crushed. However, this was a very interesting flavor.

Then a wonderful salad of rare greens harvested from the Amazon and lightly tossed with vinaigrette was served with the most delicious bread sticks with the slight hint of garlic butter.

The possum was lightly roasted and served with a wine sauce with sharply flavored New Orleans rice on the side and freshly steamed green beans in butter.

For desert, we had a berry cream filled tart with a wonderful cream sauce. It looked too good to eat.

The bill for this would have been $1,124.72 but with the dining plan we would need to only pay the $192 for the bottle of wine. And much to our surprise, Mr. Puck, or Wolfy as we now know him, picked up the check for the wine because of his friendship with Jym.

After an emotional farewell we left for POFQ and a good nights sleep.

When you hang out with Natazu and Sagessa, you better be ready to party:party: hardy and eat well. :D

Ratings 1-5

Food Quality: 5
Atmosphere: 4
Service: 5
Menu Creativity: 5
Presentation: 5
Value: 5
Overall: 5
Imagination: 10

:sorry:
Note: Some of the above details might be or might not be true and any of the names might be changed to protect the innocent.

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 01:29 AM
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Natazu
04-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Note: Some of the above details might be or might not be true and any of the names might be changed to protect the innocent.
It was a raccoon, silly northerners.

prttynpnk
04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
On our next trip we'll be looking for the mustang with the racoon tail on it's antennae! :D

wendy*darling
04-26-2007, 07:31 AM
:car: + :chef: = :eat: + :wine: + :cap:

:notworth: pogo- what a great report!
Jym, you sure do know your fine cuisine and an opportunity to "seize the moment."

:funny: You made my morning!

DVC2004
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
:funny: I wonder if they will serve this at Epcot's F&WF this year?:wine:

disneydrmr
04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Oh my gosh.. THANK YOU! :rotfl: :rotfl: I really needed a good laugh this AM...

Caroleh
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
:funny: :rotfl: :funny:

Crow
04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
and i havent had my coffee yet.
guess i will have to hit Wolfgangs and see if they have any possum

Bruegge
04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Ahhh the subtle call of the dinner bell has been replaced..

Instead of Ding Ding ding "come and get it".....

It's....

Thump Thump...."Baby, I Got one!!!"

Scott

ElenitaB
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM

It's....

Scott, you owe me a bottle of monitor cleaner! :rotfl:

pogo
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought you'd all get a kick out of this.:blush:

We had an absolute ball hanging with Jym and Rachel. They have become very good friends and I hope we can time our vacations so we can be together again. :vacation:

And Jym....... it was a possum, for sure.:yes: I saw him plainly just before you flattened him. :D

BrerSchultzy
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm just waiting for the "Wolfgang Puck's Kill & Grill" rumor over on the News, Rumours and Imagineering board....

this is, after all, how rumors get started.

Here we go again...
04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
:chef: :eat: :cap:
:funny: :funny: :funny:
You know... being from southern Louisiana...
I was reading along thinking "mmmmm... sounds good" :funny: :funny:

mm59
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Just be glad it was not Texas in the spring or it may have been a Skunk:sick: What a great time you had.:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
04-26-2007, 05:01 PM
How come nobody asked the most important question of all.....
Is the Mustang okay????;)

Mickeydream
04-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Sounds like something that should be added to the DDP!! :D

pogo
04-26-2007, 07:05 PM

The Mustang was fine. :D

Natazu
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM

It's a Cobra. As long as it wasn't a mongoose, no problem.

Tink&Goofy
04-27-2007, 12:29 AM

It's....

Scott

It's a Cobra. As long as it wasn't a mongoose, no problem.

:laughing: :funny: :rotfl: :haha: :silly:

This is the funniest thread I have ever read! Thanks for the great laugh. I'll think of you guys everytime I see road kill.

magicman
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
They're now also serving roadkill possum at O'Hanas. On the menu it is listed as squish-k-bob.

mudpuppysmom
04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
WOW, and it's all covered on the DDP????? How many credits did you have to use?!?!?! I guess that since it was a "signature meal" it was a double credit meal! :D

SallyP
04-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Pogo (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zindrnkr/detail?.dir=/ee82re2&.dnm=8e0cre2.jpg&.src=ph) was a possum that lived his comic life in the Georgia swamp of Okefenokee
Until a raging brush fire drove him further south to the Wonderful World of Mickey
There one beautiful southern night, he met his fate,
Pogo the Possum was now a mere bite on Jym and friends’ plate.

Wolfgang Puck's is now closed due to health inspectors recent findings.

pogo
04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Pogo (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zindrnkr/detail?.dir=/ee82re2&.dnm=8e0cre2.jpg&.src=ph) was a possum that lived his comic life in the Georgia swamp of Okefenokee
Until a raging brush fire drove him further south to the Wonderful World of Mickey
There one beautiful southern night, he met his fate,
Pogo the Possum was now a mere bite on Jym and friends’ plate.

Wolfgang Puck's is now closed due to health inspectors recent findings
I was wondering who would put this together first.

:congrats: to SallyP !

:haha: :funny: :joy: :D

Bruegge
04-27-2007, 10:06 PM

Boy, did i get a visual on that....{LOL}

Tears... in the eyes

Scott

SallyP
04-28-2007, 07:33 AM
I was wondering who would put this together first.

:congrats: to SallyP !

:D

:thanks:Thanks pogo (I think). Knowing about Pogo is a matter of 'age' :old:. There aren't too many baby boomers on this board, so the majority of members wouldn't have been exposed to Walt Kelly's (who worked for Disney at one time) Pogo the Possom. Of course when we read the strip, way back when, it was just for the animal interactions and expressions. I should go back and read the political satire Kelly put into his strips.
Kelly was one of the first comicstrip writers that used his medium for Enviromental awareness :pine: "We have seen the enemy and he is us."

ps Your southern gourmet road-kill meal doesn't make you a Hannibal Lecter type person does it??:sick:

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Great story Pogo! The skid marks and the dark splat are still on the road near OKW.... :D

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
... and I was just wondering what to make for dinner tonight... :D

Thanks for an awesome report - you made my afternoon!! :D I'll have to be sure to be on the lookout for any possible dinner choices next time we're down there... of course, we'll be on the buses, so I doubt we'll get the chance for such culinary delights... ;)

Natazu
05-03-2007, 02:58 AM
After, uh, more than one PM asking for the actual story of that fateful night on Bonnet Creek Rd, I have decided to post the truth about the story.
The story above is entirely fictitious, but even more so than you may realize. Even the creator is fictitious. You may think this thread was started by an INTERCOTEE when in fact it is merely a server glitch that pulls random phrases from previous threads and assembles them into new posts. The Pogo user ID itself was created accidentally when John’s cat jumped on the keyboard pressing the o, g, p, and Enter keys simultaneously. I apologize for any confusion. Happy Icotting.

murphy1
05-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Hilarious!!! Need to try to hit a gator next time.

Natazu
05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Hilarious!!! Need to try to hit a gator next time.I've tried for Gator Fans before but never for actual gators. That would be mean. Go Vols!

Jared
05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Jym, you are my hero.

:laughing: :rotfl:

pogo
05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
After, uh, more than one PM asking for the actual story of that fateful night on Bonnet Creek Rd, I have decided to post the truth about the story.
The story above is entirely fictitious, but even more so than you may realize. Even the creator is fictitious. You may think this thread was started by an INTERCOTEE when in fact it is merely a server glitch that pulls random phrases from previous threads and assembles them into new posts. The Pogo user ID itself was created accidentally when John’s cat jumped on the keyboard pressing the o, g, p, and Enter keys simultaneously. I apologize for any confusion. Happy Icotting.
M E O W !!!! :funny:

Natazu
10-05-2007, 04:20 AM
:funny: I wonder if they will serve this at Epcot's F&WF this year?:wine:
Sadly, it appears there is no Lightly Roasted Possum in a Red Wine Reduction on the menu. However, I heard that Puck is planning to make a special appearance at a PftS in Oct. We'll see I guess.