PDA

View Full Version : To EMH or not to EMH??

Jen66
04-25-2007, 09:51 PM
So here is my dilemma: We are going to WDW July 16-20 and I cannot decide whether or not EMH is a great idea or a horrible one. Everything I read is so black and white, with very little middle ground, so I am having a hard time with this.
My tentative plans are to hit the morning EMHs and leave the parks around lunchtime or early afternoon, go back to our hotel (AKL) and rest/swim then on to our ADR's and hit evening EMH at another park. Like on Monday, July 16, morning EMH at MGM, relax and have dinner at Boma at 5:30, then hit AK for evening EMH until 10-11 (whenever it closes). Since I am going during such a busy time, will this be a good way to maximize my plans or not?
I have hoppers and last time we were there we hit a couple morning EMH, but no evening. I really like the idea of being in the parks that late. It is so confusing it makes my head spin:beer:
Any opinions welcome!!

pixiegoose
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
When my husband and I were there last July, we took advantage of the evening EMHs(we're not morning people :coffee: ). We would usually head to a non-EMH park and stay all day through our dinner reservations. Then we'd head back to the resort for an hour or 2 to swim and head back out to the EMH park around 8:30 or so, when non-resort folks would start heading out. We were usually able to get at least 3-4 of the "big" rides/attractions done that way and it somehow worked out that the evening EMH were usually for the park we planned on visiting the next day, which worked out well for us.

So, EMH worked well for us and we plan on using them again in Sept.:thumbsup: Oh, FYI, AK still closes relatively early even on their EMH nights. I'm not sure of the exact time but I wouldn't plan my night around being there until 11. I'm sure someone else will come along with more specific info on that.

DisneyGiant
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
We try to always use EMH early hours - especially at the MK. You can go on many attractions line free. Place starts getting crowded around 11 - 11:30 am - we then either go back to our resort - or to another park.

We found EMH at night to be more crowded. But still, its nice to be at the theme parks after they are supposed to close.

Have fun on your vacation!!!

Goofy Dad 13
04-26-2007, 02:51 PM
We always try and do EMH mornings at MK and AK, and just play they others by ear. DDs are 11 and 9, so we may try an evening next time.

sunlyon
04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
We love the EMH. I'm a morning person and I love to get there early while everyone is still sleeping. Especially in the MK. You can see most of Fantasyland before anyone arrives!

We also couldn't get into the Indiana shows once but were able to attend with the EMH.

MOJoe
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
My family is going in June, and we have similar park plans. We like EMH. We Really like evening EMH and are planning to "close down" each park on its EMH night. Of course you need to rest, so an afternoon nap, or a morning off is necessary.
I think with a little planning and the right attitude, EMH is a great benefit. But if you are unprepared (as it is with many things at WDW) EMH could be a big headache.
ie If you are planning to take advantage of evening EMH, you may need to stay at the park until the wee hours to really accomplish something. You can't count on a small crowd right at regular park closing time. In fact, there may be a huge crowd trying to get a few more rides in before bedtime.
You know your family best. If you have a group of nite owls, like mine, then stay up late and enjoy your evening!