PDA

View Full Version : Planning someone else's trip

princessjojo
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok, so I have accepted the fact that I won't see the mouse again until June 2008, and I must add that I'm not excited about that since I want to go back now. But just knowing that I'm going back is enough for me, especially since the next time I will be going "home."

Anyway, to feed my obsession for the time being, I get to help my sister's MIL plan her trip. She hasn't been in about 20 years so she will be shocked none the less. But she has asked me to help her plan her trip for my neice, her sister & her other grandchild. I am so exicted for them. I get to help her pick out resturants, choose resorts, the works! She has no idea how excited I am to help her with this. I know it sounds crazy, but those who can't go plan, right....

I am so excited I just had to tell someone!!!

tinksmom02
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I know how you feel. Before I got the OK from DH for our Sept trip, my dear friend told me her and her son are going in june for his graduation, and could I help her plan? Love it!! Planning is half the fun! Well, maybe not half, but at least a quarter!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree planning is half the fun! And I often end up helping friends (and people I barely know:blush: ) plan their trips. The princess is the real expert. I had a parent come to school today out of the blue to get me to help her start planning her second trip ever (first trip staying on the grounds), and she was already overwhelmed. I pointed her towards Intercot, and helped her get on her way.
Earlier there was a waitress at Cracker Barrel who noticed my Disney accessorizing and started calling me the "Disney Lady", which was cool with me, of course. :wave: She mentioned she was going for the first time right before Christmas, so I started gushing about what she had to go see, and was trying to cram a "mini-crash course in WDW" into a few minutes so she wouldn't miss anything. I came up for air when I tried to tell her a sure place to see Mickey, and she said she wasn't too worried about that, she had seen him somewhere once before....:faint: :thedolls: Thankyou very much, miss, may I get the check, please?......Figured she just didn't "get it", especially after she mentioned the U.S.words.....
But...a few weeks later, she came rushing across the restaurant to thank me for tellling her all that stuff, and what a wonderful time she had....And I could tell the Magic had worked on her! Cool moment!:mjump:

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Isn't it so cool that on here we all get it!:rocks:

The fact that we're not going this year has finally sunk in & we're all going through WDW withdrawal! Mom & Dad had the crazy idea that we need to go other places beside just WDW every year. Why in the world did we decide that?:confused:

Anyway two families that are friends of ours are going & one asked me to help her plan! Awesome, I still don't think she understands how cool that was for me! The other is the more sponaneous type & isn't planning anything & it's totally freaking me out! I love to plan & the choices & opportunites at WDW are so vast I can't imagine the kids 1st trip & never having looked at a guide book & having no ADR's! They don't even have park tix!:faint:

I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut & respecting her right to not plan. :zipped:

It seems to me that everyone that plans has an awesome experience & those that don't plan come home & say - been there, done that, not going back! They just don't get it. And that's so sad.:sob:

sleepingbooty
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Oooh , you're so lucky! I love to help people plan their trips, so I totally get where you're coming from. Although, the whole time, I'm wishing it was my trip!