PDA

View Full Version : Pop or Coronado Springs??

neilwebmaster
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Going for 10 days. Spend all our time at the parks with dining. Stayed at POFQ last year, AKL, CON, AKL, CBR, off (didn't know better). Trying to decide between Pop & CS. Don't eat at hotel and do not swim much & request room by the front bus. Stay at parks for the late nights. Would love to hear any recent stories from Pop or Coronado.
Thanks

Pixie Power
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM
I've stayed @ both resorts and I would rec. POP over CS based on the bus stops alone. @ POP, there is one bus stop location on the whole property. @ CS there are 5 (if my memory serves correctly), so it takes much longer to get off the resort property and get going to your park or DTD or wherever.

All ya need is a nice, clean room to sleep in, so POP should suffice.

HTHs!:thumbsup:

grego77
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
It really comes down to how much you want to spend.

I LOVE the Coronado. It is GORGEOUS and SOOO relaxing:cloud9: . I have been there 3 times, and am going back again in Sept:mickey: . But, like you, I don't usually USE the resort for more than the room...which basically means I'm spending more than I have to. What I will say about CSR is that wherever you are there, you will be very close to a bus stop. The same does NOT hold true for the El Centro (check-in bldg/food bldg). The Casitas as on the opposite end of the property. If you do end up staying at the CSR, then suggest the Cabanas or Ranchos (they are closer to El Centro), close to 2 of the bus stops (stop 4) and they are quieter. Not that it makes much difference, but they are also much closer to the main pool area.

I am staying at the POP in less than a month, and I chose it because quite honestly, it's cheaper. I just need a place to put my head at night...because I know I'll be out pretty much all day. From what I can recall checking rates, moderate resorts typcially cost around 50-60 dollars more a night.

So you have to ask yourself...is the $50-60 more a night for Coronado worth it? For me it is...but that's a question you need to answer.

GOOD LUCK! :mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I would have to say the POP would be the better choice.:mickey:
I stayed at CS in December and found walking to the bus stop was a haul!:(
It just seemed like the bus stop was a far away from the rooms as they could make them. The bus stops are on the outer perimeter of the parking lot. Where as POP the bus stop is right outside the Main Building.
And if you aren't going to use the facilities then POP is the way to go:thumbsup:

bellerose
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I have stayed at both also, and I think that since it sounds like you are not going to do anything but sleep :sheep: at the resort, go for the Pop Century and request a room close to the lobby. We always do that and even though they tell us our requests are not guaranteed, we always have gotten a room in the 70's building, which is real close to the main lobby.

Why spend the money at CS when you can spend it in the parks? :huh: :crazy: :twocents:

pixiegoose
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
The same does NOT hold true for the El Centro (check-in bldg/food bldg). The Casitas as on the opposite end of the property. If you do end up staying at the CSR, then suggest the Cabanas or Ranchos (they are closer to El Centro), close to 2 of the bus stops (stop 4) and they are quieter.

Do you mean the Ranchos are on the opposite end? Part of the Casitas are directly connected to El Centro via the convention center and, though they do spread out, are definitely not on the opposite end of the property from El Centro. The outer reaches do spread pretty far but the Ranchos are even farther.

To the original poster, we stayed at CSR last summer and absolutely loved it. However, if you don't plan on actually spending a lot of time at the resort and will only be there to sleep, you would probably be better off at Pop and you can use the money you'd save on more souvenirs!:) We haven't stayed at Pop yet but look forward trying it out in September.

Crow
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
stayed at POP 3 times. CSR my 2nd time will be in May.
if you want to save some $$ stay at POP. i liked it.
im staying at CSR for the 2nd time in May. so i willlet you know about it.
if you want to save $$$stay at POP

big blue and hairy
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
As Beautiful as CSR is, if you're not taking advantage of the pool, or the restaurant, and you'll be a park commando, I'd definitely go for Pop. DW and I have stayed at both resorts more than once and we love both.

:sulley: