PDA

View Full Version : Parasailing??

magicland
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Just wondering if parasailing is still offered at Castaway Cay? Did it on a previous cruise and loved it. Now, in the info just mailed, it's not listed. Thanks!

Ed
04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
It was still offered when we were there in early January '07. Seemed like they had lots of customers, too.

ElenitaB
04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
It's still listed online as an available "Adventure Sports" excursion at Castaway Cay:

Soar high in the sky above the tropical paradise isle of Castaway Cay in an aerial adventure that has to be experienced to believed! Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of white-sand beaches, turquoise waters and endless skyline as you sail for 5-7 minutes behind a state-of-the-art winch-boat at a breathtaking height of approximately 600-1,000 feet.

By the way, you can reserve all kinds of things for your cruise online (you'll need an account over at Disney.com as well as your reservation number) and you can also check-in online. It makes getting through your real check-in at port that much faster!

whymsycalwitch
04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I want to go parasailing again too when I go on the DCL this Dec. However, I want my mom to go with me. Thing is last time I went on the DCL parasailing they dipped me in the ocean, which I had no problem with. I told mom about it when I got back and she freaked because she can't swim and is afraid of water in that way.

She went parasailing at WDW and loved it. Of course they don't dip you there. I would love for her to experience it over the ocean but she doesn't want to in fear of getting dipped.

As nice as they were I'm just not sure that the tour people would take you seriously if you asked them not to dip her. Any suggestions?

Thanks

magicland
04-27-2007, 07:42 PM
When I went my granddaughter didn't want to get dipped and just asked. There was no problem--I was disappointed, but she was relieved.

cinderellangel
05-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm going on the DCL in August and I'm planning on going parasailing. I cannot wait!! It's gonna be soooooo cool see Castaway Cay from 700 feet. I am looking foward to the dip as well. My best friend is sitting this one out but I'm gonna have her take my picture and video tape me. I can't wait, only 2 & 1/2 more months!!!! :mickey::mickey::mickey: God bless

angedeaile
06-01-2007, 10:12 PM
My main issue is with the weight requirement...

I want to go tandem, because I can imagine me freaking out if I was by myself and it would be just an amazing experience to share with someone you love.

Only thing is...we weigh EXACTLY the max amount for tandem. I would hate to reserve the experience and then after all the cruise food...we end up being a few pounds over :blush:

Maybe if we diet majorly beforehand just incase, it will give us a bit of a buffer zone.:thedolls:

EDIT: I was actually reading the weight requirement for parasailing at contemp, which was 325. It is actually 375 at Castaway Cay. We definitely make that requirement. I am pumped!

cinderellangel
06-06-2007, 05:50 AM
What exactly is the tamden? I read in the guidebook that guest must not weight more than 375 lbs but the tamden is different Thanks! God bless

heart4princephillip
06-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Tandem is when two people go at the same time. Like in skydiving, when you go with an instructor buckled to you. Although, with parasailing you just go with a friend or family member.

cinderellangel
06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
but can we go parasailing alone? I'm booking to go by myself. My weight does not exceed 375 lbs.

angedeaile
06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
but can we go parasailing alone? I'm booking to go by myself. My weight does not exceed 375 lbs.

Yes you can.
As long as you meet the minimum...i think it is 125lb. Infact, most folks ride alone.