PDA

View Full Version : I need some expert advice

mouseaddict
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Ok, am planning a trip in August with my friend. We are taking our 5 year olds. We were planning to get the dining plan (not free dining..just the reg. plan). DH gave me an AP for my birthday and now I am not sure what to do. Is it worth it to buy the base ticket and then upgrade everyone when we get there or should we just pay oop for meals. I am going to get the DDE card regardless...Dear Wendy at MJ tells me it is about the same cost wise, it is the hassle I am concerned about.
Any input? What have all of you other AP holders done?
Thanks for the help.

StillSimbaGirl
04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
it depends on where you are staying and how much of a discount on your room you would be forsaking (plus the amount of your base ticket)...usually, if you are staying at a Value the DDP is a great value.

Moderates about the same; either one works out to be the same.

Deluxes: take the room only discount and use your DDE.

And, of course, it truly depends on if you are a "splurger " anyway...ie., if you were planning to eat on the cheap...but the DDP lets you eat more fabulously...go for the DDP.

I like to eat at least once a day at aTS (and that's how I calculate what I would have spent...).

StillSimbaGirl
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh ...and you can't go wrong listening to Wendy!!!

Big Shout out to Wendy - she's who I got to as well!

mouseaddict
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Wendy knows I worship her....
We have 2 five year olds so we will do a sit down every day. My friend loves the dining plan and it just seems to work realy well for us. I just am afraid of the hassle it may create..ie upgrading park passes etc. Has anyone had this problem? We will most likely stay at a mod or value..still trying to decide.
Thanks for the help

magicofdisney
04-26-2007, 11:36 AM
We get APs and the free DDP. Last year was our first experience. Just get a base ticket with your package and then upgrade when you get there. It's really no trouble. You can upgrade at any guest service window of any park. Caution: Use the guest service window OUTSIDE the park. Once you enter a park you cannot upgrade your one-day ticket.