PDA

View Full Version : Pogo and Patti's Day One.

pogo
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Day One, April 19th.

Cast:
Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !

Reason: Celebrating our Fifth anniversary and
Intercot Mini Meet !

The day started earlier in the morning than we are used to, but I didn’t have any problem popping out of bed at 5:00 AM. This was the first time we were to fly on Air Tran Airlines and I wanted to be sure to be a little ahead of schedule. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 8:00 AM so I thought we should be at the airport by 6:30.

Everything went as planned and we were aboard and taking off on schedule to arrive in Orlando at 10:35 AM. The flight was very nice and uneventful.

Upon are arrival we walked to the Magical Express counter and after about a ten minute wait we were on our bus headed for POFQ. The bus was not very crowded and we arrived at POFQ by 11:30. :cloud9: The line for check in was very short and we were checked in, leaving our hand carried bags with Bell Service, and on our way to Epcot by noon.

We walked through the gates, went through security check, and we were officially at Walt Disney World. The time was 12:15 PM. We grabbed fast passes for Soarin’ as soon as we got there and then walked to the Electric Umbrella for a quick lunch.

We enjoyed the Flower and Garden Festival every time we have been there and this year would be no exception. We thought the roses were exceptional this year with very big blossoms.

We rode “Living with the Land”, “The Living Seas”, “The Seas with Nemo:nemo: and Friends” :dory: and “Turtle Talk” before we rode Soarin’ which has become my favorite ride in all of WDW. Patti is not as enthused about this as she wasn’t feeling very well and had to close her eyes during most of it.

We had an ADR set for 5:00 PM at Rose and Crown but we stopped by to cancel it so some other family might enjoy it. While I was canceling our ADR, We heard the “British Invasion” starting and Patti went over to see them and I joined her shortly after. We enjoyed their show very much as we come from that era.

We walked through World Showcase and over to Mexico for a :marg: during our ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour, starring the Three Caballeros. This was our first disappointment at WDW. They will not allow drinks :nope: to be taken on the boat ride so we had to wait until we finished our margaritas. It was not worth doing. This rehab is a major disappointment in my eyes.

We walked over to the American Garden Theater for the 7:00 PM show featuring “The Turtles, with Flo and Eddy”. They brought back many memories of our past teenage years with their hit songs from the Sixties and Seventies. They performed our favorite, “Happy Together”. This show was excellent and they got four :thumbsup: from Patti and I !

We were pretty tired and decided to pass on “Reflections of Earth” and after a quick walk around World Showcase it was time for us to head to the resort and rest up for tomorrow.

We got back to the resort at about 8:30 and stopped in to grab a bite to eat and watch Elliot Dyson perform at Scat Cats and stayed until after 11:00. The beer was cold and the pizza was delicous ! Then we were off to find our room.

We had requested Building Seven and were given room 7332 on the third floor and we loved it.

This room had more than enough room for two and we felt more comfortable here than we did at the Poly.

Our bags were in our room when we walked in. We got ready for bed and then we both collapsed from the long day.:sleepin:

Next up, Animal Kingdom and our second favorite ride at WDW. Can you guess what it is ?

And we get to have dinner with CanadianWDWFan, Mickey'sGirl and kids. :D

magicman
04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
It sounds like a great first day.

Too bad about the Gran Fiesta Tour, but being on Soarin' can make up for a lot of "little disappointments" IMHO.

I'm going to guess that your '2nd favorite ride at WDW' is...Kili Safaris????

I'm looking forward to hearing more.

merlinmagic4
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds great! Can't wait to read the rest!

mm59
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a great start. I wish We were there now! Only 22Days to go. Keep Us posted on your trip:mickey:

Jimenyfan
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great first day. Nice to read that you enjoyed a :marg: , to bad it wasnt before noon:mickey:

Christine
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I am so glad you like FQ! It is our favorite resort!

Can't wait to read more...and I hope Patti starts to feel better!

tron80
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm hooked. Sounds like you did have a good time at POFQ and Epcot.I've rode the "El rio del tiempo" once WAY long ago...maybe I'll take a look at the new version on the next trip. :mickey:

BronxTigger
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
We canceled a 5pm ADR at Rose and Crown also. haha. It sounds like you had a good first day, especially the travel was about as smooth as you can hope for!

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Too bad about Gran Fiesta Tour:confused: !! If they renovated, shouldn't it be better?? Oh well!!

Sounds like a great Day 1 with a lot taken in. Great start! I look forward to hearing about the dinner with Brian, Jenn & kids.

:mickey:

Caroleh
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a great day, buddy!!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Too bad Patty wasn't feeling 100%

MsMin
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm happy to read that you had a lovely first day. Hmmm one of my favorites at AK is ITTBAB-- so what is your's? I love the thrill rides too and was glad that we did see the Nemo performance. Have a wonderful time.

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a long but fun filled first day. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pogo
04-26-2007, 07:11 AM
And I forgot to mention one important detail from day one. Before we left Epcot we stopped by Guest Services to get our Happy Anniversary Buttons and the CM we spoke with not only gave us the buttons but also a voucher for a couple of :bar: We wore these everywhere we went the whole trip.

That meant I had to eat two that day. :D

MissStyles
04-26-2007, 08:23 AM
It sure sounds like the perfect first day!!!! NICE one scoring the :mickey: ice cream!!!

faline
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
That meant I had to eat two that day. :D

Somehow, I'm having a hard time feeling badly for you about this!

Very nice first day! I just love Epcot during the Flower & Garden festival!

disneydrmr
04-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Wonderful sounding first day! What a great way to start your Anniversary trip! Thanks for sharing your report!

offwego
04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
A pretty good start!
Sorry about the drink rule. I had the same thing happen re the Malestorm ride once.

Not fun at all to get brain freeze and then visit trolls.

Congrats on your Mickey bars. What a cute surprise.

Bethis26fan
04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a great first day.

Dsnygirl
04-27-2007, 06:08 AM
:mickey: Pogo, what a great start to your trip! I'm so glad your flight & all was uneventful, and that you had such a fun time @ Epcot. Don't you just LOVE Soarin'? Sorry to hear Patti wasn't feeling well... my DH is afraid of heights, and wasn't too wild about the ride, either. Can't wait to read Day 2!

DizNee143
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
sounds like a long wonderful first day in Disney!!..and you guys sure did mange to do alot while you were at Epcot!! cant wait to read all about the rest of your trip!!!:mickey:

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Good for you! So glad your first day went so well.

pdrlkr
04-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Wonderful first day - I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
You sure got a lot done on your first day! I am so sorry Patti was under the weather some....and I am very sorry that you had to suffer through a second :bar: ;) I look forward to meeting you tomorrow! :mickey:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 10:09 AM
What a great start to your first day! You definitely did not waste any time with everything you did that day! Looking forward to day 2!

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Sounds like your day ran smoothly and you got a lot done! The british invasion sounds so interesting- we hope to catch some of this entertainment when we go to Epcot this summer! Thanks for sharing!:mickey: