PDA

View Full Version : What is free for a 1 year old???

r4kids
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
We are traveling down in Sept. with another family who's kids are 3 and 1. What is free for the 1 year old?? I know he doesn't need a ticket, but what can he have for meals? The family will be on the dining plan. Thanks for the help!!!:mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Okay, I think I have the DDP thingy down pat now, at least I think. From what I gather your 1 year old will not be included on the free plan. Disney assumes they don't eat much and therefore can pick off their parents dishes. I think if you want to order something for your 1 year old you need to pay out of pocket for a kids meal.

**someone please correct me if I am wrong**

kakn7294
04-25-2007, 05:17 PM
At buffets and family-style meals, the 1 yo will be free. Anytime they order from the menu, they will likely be charged. I have heard of some servers who don't charge for the little ones, but that's up to each individual server. The child may share from a parent's or the sibling's plate at no additional charge. There is more than enough food to share if they don't want to order a separate child's meal.

Goofeygal
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
The above posts says it all there is nothing else I can think to add.

ldc12377
04-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Kids under 3 can eat for free at buffets and restaurants where the food is served family style. Everywhere else their parents have to either order them their own meal and pay for it or just share off their parents plates.
I have read in some post that some non-buffet and non-family style restauratns will bring out food (buttered noodles, fruit, etc.) for the little ones free of charge but I'm not sure which ones do it or if they do it all the time. Maybe someone else can help with that.

MonoMan
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
We took our son for his 1st birthday and he ate from our plates, with the exception of his birthday party which was at Chef Mickeys and to my surprise he was free (because of his age, not his birthday). Also in case you need "baby items or food" we found the children's care centers to be ultra helpful and clean.