PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Contemporary?

AZ Disney
04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello,
We're planning a Jan 19-26, 2008 trip (DH, DS 9, DS3 and me) and I keep flip flopping on where we should stay. I had assumed that we'd just stay at POP. We aren't the type to need deluxe accomodations, but I'm wondering if the following is worth the extra dollars that we would spend. We will also be using the DDP.
All of your thoughts would be appreciated!

monorail transporatation & water launch
Chef Mickey's on-site
CA Grille on-site
Concourse Steahouse on-site
viewing
2 Queen beds vs 2 doubles
larger rooms (my DH doesn't like tripping over ourselves in a small room)

KarenP
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I, personally, love the Contemporary resort. It is a very high energy resort in the center of the magic. You cannot beat the location. I love being able to walk to Magic Kingdom and the monorail access. The rooms are bright and very spacious. There are 3 great restaurants. I don't think you will be sorry if you stay here.

BigRedDad
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
If you can afford it without impacting the other things you want to do on vacation, by all means do it. The way I see it, when making a trip plan like this, I assume it may be my only opportunity. If I can afford it, there is no reason not to do it.

Benefits:
Monorail
Deluxe accommodations
Next to MK
Boat to Ft Wilderness
Water Pageant
Fireworks
Arcade

Figgyluv03
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
If I had the money to be staying there, I would do it in a heartbeat! It's the center of everything and getting around it alot easier, but it has excellent views.

AZ Disney
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks so much! I don't know that we can afford it either, but I'm hoping for some GRAND discount at that time of year...HA HA! It just seems so convenient. I did forget to mention that we'd be staying in the cheapest room they have...I read on another site that the Garden View rooms were awful and far from the main resort area.
Thanks again!

BigRedDad
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
When we were going on our Honeymoon over Thanksgiving and just after 9/11, they had deep discounts on Deluxe resorts from AmEx. We wound up at AKL, but Contemporary was the same price. For 7 days, 6 nights, the cost was around $1000 for the room. This was an unadvertised discount. I had to ask if there were other discounts besides Disney Club. For the week, it was only $150 more than staying at the moderate resort we had booked.

My advice, call WDW and ask if there are any discounts on a regular basis. Disney Visa, AmEx, AAA, all have discounted rates at times with no advertising. There are many deals to be had if you ask.

pox24
04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Yes, every penny.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I read on another site that the Garden View rooms were awful and far from the main resort area. While mine is just an opinion, I would whole-heartedly disagree with that statement. While the South Wing is disconnected from the main tower, the walk to restaurants/shopping/arcade is shorter than many of the other resorts we've stayed at. There's a covered walkway to get from the South Wing to the main building so if it's raining you're under cover the whole time. Note too that all rooms in the South Wing have undergone a total refurb.

If we could swing it financially, we'd stay in the Garden Wing every time - it is our favorite place to stay on property. There's just something about being able to walk to the MK that really appeals to my family. The wonderful on-site restaurants are excellent, the rooms are spacious and the CMs friendly & helpful. :mickey:

javamama
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
It's my fav:thumbsup: Are the renovations going to be done by then? I saw some major construction being done last week on the garden rooms closest to MK(ds kept telling me about the dirt diggers:lol: ) I've stayed there a few times '79, '81, and '87 it was the best back then. That's where were looking at staying on our next trip there '08/'09--I'm already excited to go back.

KylesMom
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Are the renovations going to be done by then? I saw some major construction being done last week on the garden rooms closest to MK
The North Garden Wing rooms have been totally demolished to make way for a resort expansion. This will not be complete for a few years. However, all of the South Wing rooms have been fully renovated.

disneymother
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
The large rooms are great, and we used the walkway to the Magic Kingdom again and again! It is fun to have the monorail too, you are able to get to two parks (MK and Epcot) so easily!