PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine/Summerhaven Beach

BashfulMom
04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Can anyone recommed a great restaurant in the area.

mouseaddict
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I know St Augustine..not much south of there.
If you want a great little casual place on the beach for awesome steamed shrimp you have to go to the Beachcomber.
There is Barnacle Bills and Saltwater Cowboy on A1A. A little further into St Augustine is the Conch House (if it has not closed yet). There is a pub on Phillips that serves good pub grub and a nice breakfast. Also A1A ale house I think it is called right in the tourist section is very good.
Have fun!

mac badger
04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
there is nothing in summerhaven except maybe a 7-11. your choices are go north to st aug, or south to flager beach. in flagler i really like blue, at the topaz hotel. very good lunch and the dinner menu looks good. its a little fancier-but nothing is very fancy down here, shorts are always okay for lunch.

going north, theres southbeach grill, right at the 206/a1a intersection. you can eat inside or outside right on the beach-good seafood. maybe 2 miles north of that is the a1a crab shack, very casual but great steamed oysters.
in st augustine beach, beachcombers on a1a and a street is good fried shrimp and eating out on the deck. right behind that is stir it up, a sandwich/burrito/smoothie place where you eat outside or get takeout for lunch

going into town-osteen's, south of the bridge of lions has been around since the 40s and has the best fried shrimp. if you are looking for nicer places to eat, a1a ale works just over the bridge is good, can get crowded on the weekends. also oc white's, down the street has good fish specials and a really nice patio. for a special occaision, we like the raintree on san marco avenue. great beef wellington. you can also go just for dessert, they have fancy crepes

im a st augustine resident for 8 years and a visitor for 20

BashfulMom
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
im a st augustine resident for 8 years and a visitor for 20

I am envious. I would love to live in st. augustine.

Thanks again for the tips.

mac badger
04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
yes, it is really nice. i have my inlaws from ohio (columbus) coming down to visit this wek, so this must be the time for ohioans to go to florida