PDA

View Full Version : What car Rental places are available and how much?

battle beast
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
What car Rental places are available from MCO, and how much?

Does anyone have any ifo on this? Thanks!

King Triton
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not going to answer the "how much" part. Auto rental prices are flakier than airlines...they can change at the same agency day to day, especially once you get inside a couple of months away. Plus, rates vary widely depending upon when. Just go to the individual agency web site or check a comparison site like Orbitz or Travelocity to get an idea.

Most major car rental agencies serve MCO, but these are the only ones at MCO (the rest, including Hertz, require a shuttle):

Alamo
Avis
Budget
Dollar
L&M
National

(Alamo and National are the same company and share the same fleet.)

Speedy1998
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree with the above poster. But I do have a money saving tip, if you do not need the car for your whole trip. Alamo and National are located at both the MK car care center, and the Swan and Dolphin. If you only need the car to get to the Airport and back you can do one way rentals, we did this last summer from the Tampa airport. It saved us a bunch of money over having the car for the entire week. Also if you just want the car to leave Disney property (to go to the beach, or one of the other parks) you can always do a one day rental.

MMouse6937
04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
We always use Dollar and they are in the terminal at MCO. I also agree that prices can fluctuate so you want to check back often to see if the price has gone down. I am sure time of year, length of rental, etc are all considerations. We are going from 9/17-9/24 of this year and were able to get $134 at Dollar. Shop around and remember coupons from the entertainment book, some that come in cc statements, internet sites, etc. Never know what will be a good deal. Good luck in finding a good car rental bargain! :thumbsup:

faline
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollan, L&M and National are located at Orlando airport.

The how much will depend upon:

Number of days you rent
Size of car you rent
Time of year
Whether the rental agency has lots of reversations or only a few
The length of your rental
Whether you want any special equipment or options
The whims of the car rental company.

You can check the rental rates two days in a row and get different quotes each time.

Disneydynomite
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
We have always used Alamo, the counter is easy to locate and you just walk across the street from the airport exit to get your car. We rented an 8 passanger van for May 26th for 9 days for around $450.00 Like other said, price is hard to say as they change often.

Fortgoofy97
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Like previous posts have said, prices flucuate, daily. Once you find a price and set up a reservation remember to check back periodically. If the price changes, YOU, have to make a change to your reservation to get the new lower price, the car rental agency does not adjust to the lower price automatically. This happened to me and I was able to save quite alot!!

King Triton
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree with the above poster. But I do have a money saving tip, if you do not need the car for your whole trip. Alamo and National are located at both the MK car care center, and the Swan and Dolphin. If you only need the car to get to the Airport and back you can do one way rentals, we did this last summer from the Tampa airport. It saved us a bunch of money over having the car for the entire week. Also if you just want the car to leave Disney property (to go to the beach, or one of the other parks) you can always do a one day rental.
Good points! I read somewhere on here that National is no longer at the Car Care Center, but Alamo is. I think Dollar and/or Budget also have some desks at Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels.

mecarroll
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
If you don't mind getting lots of email from the various rental agencies, sign up for their frequent renter program or email list. National emails me like every week with deals. The price dropped by almost $100 from the time I orginally made the reservation. So check back often especially as time gets close. Like someone else said, book the rental and when you see a cheaper deal, book another and then cancel the old. Also, there are some sites out there that post great discounts. The entertainment book is another great place to look for discounts.

mudpuppysmom
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't know how large your party is but if you can get into an Intermediate size car, then you might want to try National's Emerald Club.....it's free to join and how it works is this: You reserve an intermediate size car and then when you get to the rental area.....you don't go to the counter by the way (another :thumbsup: ), you go the aisle maked Emerals Aisle and pick ANY car you want......I will say that my experience has been that we have been able to secure a larger car on many ocassions.....there are even minivans availabe sometimes!! BUT, the big IF is that IF there are no larger cars available.....you must take the intermediate car you reserved, so that is why I said in the beginning you have to be able to fit in an intermediate size car to begin with.

I switched from Alamo to Nat'l and what we've been able to choose so far are: full size car, small SUV and small SUV......we're going in May and I'm hoping for either of these, but we will fit into an intermediate, it's just nicer to have a bit more room to wiggle around in.

battle beast
04-26-2007, 08:56 PM

So, Speedy... where is the MK car care center?

This sounds great, because I ONLY need the car for one day!

Thanks so much!!!

Beast_fanatic
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM
The car care center is near the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. They'll send a van for you when you want to pick up your rental (arrange it the day before).

I would recommend making a reservation as you are most likely to get a better rate that way.

battle beast
04-27-2007, 01:07 AM
So they will pick us up at our resort? THis is getting better...

:drum: :flute: :rocker: :nopity: "Got to admit it's gettin' better, a little better, all the time..."

faline
04-27-2007, 05:42 AM
They will pick you up at your resort and transport you to the car care center. They will also transport you back again after you return your car.

You can also rent at the Dolphin. National and Alamo are both available at that location.

battle beast
04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!!!