PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Cap'n Jack's please

Cinderelley
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Has anyone been to Cap'n Jack's Restaurant? My friend was really excited about eating "grouper" there. How was it

BelleBeauty
04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
To qualify my response, I have only been to Cap'n Jacks one time, August 2006, so my experience may not be the norm:

However, I would ONLY recommend going to Cap'n Jacks if you a) have the DDP and want a great value and b) go there specifically to eat the two lobster tail meal. This is the only way you will get your value at Cap'n Jacks!

The atmosphere there was distinctly un-Disney. Just basic low-end restaurant, even though it is on the water. I wasn't looking for high-class dining, but I wasn't impressed at all.

Our service was terrible. Not only was it slow, our CM was never around, and she was down-right rude.

3 out of 4 of us had the two lobster tail meal - it was great! Totally awesome for one DDP TS credit. One of the best values! However, #4 among us hates seafood and was only along for the ride. He got chicken and it looked worse than something served in a high school cafeteria. We had to go to DTD somewhere after dinner just so he could get something decent to eat.

Cathy S
04-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Our first experience in 1998 was great so we anticipated a wonderful time in 2000. We were really disappointed. However in 2002 we gave it another try and it was worse. Would never go back! The service, the food, the whole shape of the restaurant seemed to be going downhill. Even though it's not on DDP, we always to Fultons for lunch in DTD. There is a great variety of good fresh seafood. The lunch portions are huge and can easily be shared. Our service there has been great and the seafood has been great. We always plan on lunch at Fultons on our shopping day. We really enjoy the New England Clam Chowder, Lobster Bisque, and Crab Claw appetizer. Yummmmm1

prttynpnk
04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
The atmosphere there was distinctly un-Disney. Just basic low-end restaurant, even though it is on the water. I wasn't looking for high-class dining, but I wasn't impressed at all.

Our service was terrible. Not only was it slow, our CM was never around, and she was down-right rude.

Yup- thats how we felt-we went in Oct 2006 and the only thing I can add is ....they were out of Lobster!!

Seasonscraps
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
We went there once and were not impressed.

Natazu
04-25-2007, 08:01 PM
We've been there a couple of times. Here's the most recent review: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=86834)

Cinderelley
04-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I will check out Fulton's menu. It sounds like Cap'n Jack's doesn't have the grouper anymore or anything else to draw us there.