PDA

View Full Version : narcoossee's worth it w/ kids?

vamaggie
04-25-2007, 08:14 AM
We are going in Nov, w/ 10yrold & 4yrold on DDP. Looked at menu and would love to try it. Believe it is 2TS credits? Is it worth it w/ kids? Atmosphere ok for 4 yr old or too grown up (will we be bothering other grown up guests?) Don't think DH & I will get a night out alone this trip.

crazykids
04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Narcoossees has great fod & a casual atmosphere. DH & I were ther last September & it was full of kids, this is not a quiet restaurant. We will be going back this September w/ our kids ages 18 months, 3, & 4.

SurferStitch
04-25-2007, 09:50 AM
You'll be fine at Narcoossee's with your kids. It's a really wonderful restaurant...our favorite on property (next to V&A).

I've been there when there were no children present, and when there were some kids (less than a dozen or so). It never bothered us. It's not a loud restaurant, but it's not super quiet either. Your kids should be quite comfortable there. If you go at the right time, you'll be able to watch the MK fireworks from the deck, and possibly see the water parade. We were even lucky enough to watch the space shuttle take off when we were there this past December!

The servers are fantastic, and I've often seen them fuss over the kids dining there.

Go for it, and have a great meal. We will definitely be dining there when we visit in December.

DVC2004
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
It's fine. We took our kids and even had a later ressie for 8:30 to watch the fireworks. There were other kids there. It's not real quiet in there so even if your child was a bit noisy or antsy you'd be OK. Also there is an outside deck that wraps around part of the restaurant and looks out on the seven seas lagoon and the castle, so you can always take a quick walk outside if needed. Food is very good.

mudpuppysmom
04-25-2007, 10:02 AM
We were there last Sept with our 4 y/o and it was fine. We got there just as they were opening (don't know if that makes a difference or not) and our CM, Allen was WONDERFUL thru the entire meal!! Anytime we needed anything he anticipated it. Our DS thought it was a good meal too (I believe he had a kids filet that came with mashed potatoes and veggies.....he didn't eat the taters though, and he also had fruit salad, which was the best we had all week! [sorry Jiko]).

There were kids there too, so I would not worry about the kid "issue". We also took some time after our meal to explore the resort a bit more than we had previously. There is a fountain, beach and also the grand lobby to explore. And if you are there when the flowers are in full bloom, it's a real treat!! Our DS had to stop and smell so many flowers I think the bees thought he was one of them by the time we were done!

The ONLY drawback I can think of to this place is that IF you drive, it is a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the restaurant for kids.....If you are using Disney transport you'll be fine.

ibrowse17
04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
While we do not have kids yet, there were plenty at Narcoossee's on our last trip. The place is buzzing with atmosphere, and kids will enjoy it. Do try to get ressies so you can watch the fireworks.:thumbsup:

mdricks
04-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Im going to buck the trend here.....

I dont think it is a bad place for kids, i just think there are much better. This is a "just the two of us" type of place in my book.

Now that has a lot to do with my kids. Thier appreciation of sitting at a table for an extended period of time without entertainment is lacking. They would much rather have coconut races or twirl napkins. If you have children who can sit, or you dont mind rushing through a good meal, then go for it.

This is a restuarnt to be slowly savored IMHO. You cant do that with my kids....