PDA

View Full Version : Resort Requests?

Mnchknbrat1982
04-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Okay I am kinda confused about what I should do. We have reservations for POFQ. And while I think the bf and I would be okay with the double beds, we would prefer a king. However, my TA emailed me saying they don't have any available for the dates I need. So my question is should I put a request in with the hopes of either getting on for free or paying the difference? As we do not want to switch hotels.

disney100%
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
If you don't want to switch hotels, I say hope for the best, but be prepared to not have a king bed. My DH and I have never requested a King bed, but we have gotten one twice without having to pay the upgrade. But, of course, that was at Port Orleans Riverside. Good luck either way - I am sure you will have a great time!

sleepingbooty
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, if you TA is saying there are none available for your dates, then that means the entire number of rooms with kings are already booked by people who actually paid for the upgrade - so I'd say the chances of getting on as a free upgrade are pretty much nil - since you can't even get one by paying for it at this point. If its really important, you could switch resorts and pay the upgrade, or just ...get a little closer and cuddle up!:D

TammiMcMan
04-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree Sleepingbooty, that in most cases, when a certain room type is listed as not being available, it's because they've already been booked. I don't agree that this is the case for the OP though.

Considering the travel dates are 9/22 - 9/27, that's not typically a big crowd level at Disney. I've also checked on-line and there is still availability showing for those dates in a king bed room.

To the OP, my guess is that the availaiblity issue has more to do with the fact that you have free dining booked. This package is only for a select number of rooms and once they are booked, it's going to come up as not available. Even though you technically have the package reserved and are simply looking to move that package to another room category, Disney can't do that within their system.

I don't know which TA you are working with, but you may want to call them back and dig for more information. Either they didn't pass along the full story to you, or they aren't aware of the policy themselves. The rooms are there, just not with the free dining. Worst case, your TA can put a request in for the king bed and you can also check on that when you register at the hotel.