PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh Dining?

tinktude
04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I am trying to be more adventureous :eat: (sp?) for my solo trip, and have chosen to eat at Marrakesh. Has anyone eaten there and give some reviews?:)

jsw123
04-24-2007, 11:08 PM
We ate there a few years ago and it was fantastic! First of all, there was bread served with a tomato-based/ spicy sauce. I could have eaten that for the whole meal! Both of our dinners were tasty---chicken kabobs with veggies and rice. The belly-dancer was beautiful---my husband agrees, of course! Just a great experience of Morocco. Plus---I bought a pretty shawl from a vendor outside that I wore the whole evening. Great!!!!:thumbsup:

May524
04-25-2007, 12:06 AM
We are also taking a chance at morraco this upcoming trip. I am very excited and looked at the menu, but I am a VERY picky eater at times and hopefully I will like the food. But I heard the atmosphere and belly dancers are amazing. :)

QTPie68
04-25-2007, 02:44 AM
My DH and I both LOVE it!!

We went last trip for lunch and were really surprised. We had the Jasmina salad for two (very fresh vegetables) and we also had beef brewat rolls (like tender ground meat in pasty rolled up like egg rolls) - delicious!! For the entrée we both had the beef shish kabob - tender meat. My suggestion is to ask the waiter for suggestions as to what is good that day and let them guide you.

Yummmmmyyy!!

PS. The belly dancer is beautiful and puts on a wonderful show, but the waiters are all very nice looking ;)

RAIDER
04-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Weve eaten there a few times and for atmosphere its distinctly unique and the food is excellent
I also think its fairly well priced .... Give it a go i am sure you will enjoy it :thumbsup:

Natazu
04-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Every trip. It's one of our favorites, except we need someone to carry us to the park exit afterwards.

MOJoe
04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I somewhat disagree with the comments on Marrakesh. My family ate there last year, and although the setting is quite exotic, we found the food to be just OK. Not bad, just bland.
Having been to Morrocco, I found the restaurant itself, and the entertainment to be very good and authentic - but I must say that the food was a disappointment. So your "adventure" would be in the dining experience - not the food itself.

Dawnya
04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
It is one of my family's favorites. We eat there every trip. We even have an 8 year old picky eater in the family (always one in each family, isn't there?), and she LOVES it.

DisneyMom12
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I too wanted to try new experience new things last trip. I have to say the food was terrible. Not one person in my family liked any of it. The atmospher, and belly dancer were great, but I would never recomend eating there.

Mousefever
04-25-2007, 04:08 PM
We loved our food at Marrakesh! It was very flavorful. I ordered the Seafood Platter and I wish I had brought an extra stomach with me. The shrimp was just excellent. My son, the picky eater, ordered a hamburger, but ended up eating a lot of shrimp and cous cous too. It was a wonderful dining experience and we can't wait to go again.

:dory:

prttynpnk
04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Love it!!! Great atmosphere- the CM's have always been the best of all the restuarants we've gone to in Epcot.
Seafood Bastilla....mmmmmmm

tundramom
04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
We ate there for the first time last trip and are going back next time. I have a very sensitive GI and my DH is not the most experimental diner, but we all found something to eat and most of it was delicious! The Jasmina salad, shish kabobs, and Marrakesh delight were wonderful, very interesting flavor layering. The bastille was not to our liking but that was the only thing we wouldn't try again. I particularly enjoyed watching the male reaction to the belly dancer, now that's entertainment!

Jen66
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
We really like it, even the kids enjoyed the food. The whole experience is great, especially if you are not usually drawn to these types of restaurants. Disney is a great place to try cuisines you may not try normally.
That being said, if you are a real Mediterranean, Northern African cuisine nut, it is not the best I have had. But it is very good. Definitely worthwhile!

Crow
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I somewhat disagree with the comments on Marrakesh. My family ate there last year, and although the setting is quite exotic, we found the food to be just OK. Not bad, just bland.
Having been to Morrocco, I found the restaurant itself, and the entertainment to be very good and authentic - but I must say that the food was a disappointment. So your "adventure" would be in the dining experience - not the food itself.
kinda agree. needs some spice. but i might go again. the atmosphere isnt bad. waitress wasnt the greatest that i remember...few trips ago though.

biodtl
04-26-2007, 02:38 PM
The food was pretty good, but my favorite was the bastilla for dessert. I could have eaten one every night!

threeh
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I've eaten at Marrekesh the past two trips and I can say nothing but good things. It is a hidden jem. I think the food is very good and I enjoy the morrocan atmosphere as well. It is a do not miss on our families list!!:thumbsup:

Don't miss the Morrocan wine, a fellow intercotee told me about it, it's sweet but packs a wallup!!

maizey05
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Marrekesh is super! Ate there on DDP last year, with picky friends. Everyone in our party liked everything! I had the chicken shish kabobs with couscous. Everyone else had the feast meal (don't remember what it was called exactly). I tried my DH's beef brewat, (thinking it would be gross, due to the odd combo of things in it). They are delicious! Same thing with the lamb soup. (I didn't want to try that either.) Very good though. The entertainment is great and yes, the bellydancer was beautiful.

avantgardeinker
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Go with the lamb!! It's excellent!!!

:mickey:

Duchess99
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I ate there in 2000. I was a vegetarian at the time, so I wasn't too happy with it b/c th e selection was VERY limited for me. But I did really enjoy the atmosphere. I don't remember what the rest of my party thought of the meal, but it always gets great write up on the boards, so they're got to be doing something right.

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I've been to Marrakesh. I wasn't sure what to expect but honestly I was pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere is great, the food is wonderful and the few times I've been, I've never had to wait for a table.

Let us know what you think if you end up going!