PDA

View Full Version : How Does the DDP Actually Work?

DisneyMP3Maker
04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
I was looking at the FAQs and I see that you get one TS, 1 CS, and 1 snack per night. A few questions about this.

The resorts are included in this plan right? What if I have 1 meal at the resort, and then 1 meal at the parks. That is 2 CS. Can the second CS count as the TS for that day?

We hardly eat TS meals, and we usually eat CS almost every meal. I would love to get the Free DDP in September, but it sounds like the plan is pretty limited to how you can use the credits for the meals.

Any help from anyone who has some experience in this would be very helpful.

bicker
04-25-2007, 05:36 AM
The resorts are included in this plan right?There are over 100 locations that accept Dining Plan credits.

Can the second CS count as the TS for that day?As a rule, 'no'. You may be able to negotiate something with the front-desk of your hotel, to convert some of your TS credits into CS credits (but NOT the other way around!), as long as you agree that once converted, they cannot be converted back.

Note, though, that the Dining Plan is not worth it if you're eating CS meals instead of TS meals; even with the free dining promotion you'd be better off finding a percent-off hotel room discount somehow.

I would love to get the Free DDP in September, but it sounds like the plan is pretty limited to how you can use the credits for the meals.The plan is actually very flexible -- not limited at all. It just isn't intended for folks who do only CS meals.