PDA

View Full Version : All Star Suites vs. 2 adjoining rooms

bubbarox
04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Any thoughts on which would be better, we have two daughters that will not sleep in the same bed:ack: , so, wondering if 2 adjoining rooms at all star are better than a suite, at all star. Things to consider; the cost, living spaces, and availability.

disneyfan328
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I myself was in this same dilema. When I priced it out with my travel agent, it was a better deal to get one room at POR then to do 2 rooms or a suite at an All Star. It was less money and there are still 2 double beds in the room, but also a pull out trundle bed for one of the kids to sleep on. We have a family of 5 so we could not stay in one room at any of the Values unless we did the suite or 2 adj. rooms. Price wise, and IMHO, it was more worth it to stay at the moderate resort.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I've heard the same dilemma posted by a number of people and even in my own family, if the kids have to share a bed, they refuse to sleep with youngest DD.

An option to consider is keeping the one room, but bringing along an aerobed or other inflatable mattress. If the girls are younger, they have kids sized ones as well. Your still within the room occupancy limit and you can either deflate or stand the mattress up against the wall during the day to free up floorspace.

Disnamic Duo
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
We had a similar situation when we went last Sept. 2 Boys, 11 & 12 yrs old. It was cheaper to go with 2 rooms rather than the suite, but then got a LOT cheaper when we were able to get a discount (free dining, actually). The discount package wasn't made available if we stayed in the suite. So it was a no-brainer. It also gave my wife and I extra privacy, having our own room.

KarenP
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
The suites are never included in any discounts so you would be better off going with 2 rooms at a value resort.

Some rooms at Port Orleans Riverside sleep 5, but with a family of 4 you would not be guaranteed one of the rooms with a trundle bed so could end up with 2 double beds.

crazypoohbear
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
There is one thing to consider. The rooms at PORS that have the trundle bed will only be reserved if you have a child 9 or under. I tried to get the trundle bed room for our August trip with 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 12,16,17 and was told that we couldn't do it because the trundle bed was only for small children!
If money is an issue I strongly recommend the air mattress. We have always used them as the boy's wouldn't share a bed now if their lives depended on it! The best way to do the air mattress is to "rotate" between the air mattress and the bed so each gets the bed.
Also, if you are looking to go with the free dining the Suites are NOT included in this package!
Hope this helps with the decision making