PDA

View Full Version : Way to get rare characters out

goofymania101
04-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey guys!

I was thinking about sending Disney World Guest Communications a list of characters to put back in the parks, or make them more common... I'm in need of signatures and character ideas to send to them. I'll start the petition... If you guys would like to send your own letter the address is...

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

PETITION TO GET NEW CHARACTERS OUT...

Courtney B- Pegleg Pete, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Blue Farie, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather

*I will copy everybody's message, and put it together in one big letter!*

Courtney

ps- please don't feel pressured to include any personal info.... just your first name and your last initial!

goofymania101
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
anyone?

Speedy1998
04-26-2007, 06:25 PM
How about Roger Rabbit, I have not seen him at WDW in about 10 years.

Clara Belle Cow and Horace Horsecollar would be good too. It seems to me Clara Belle has been in some of the recent direct to DVD releases, like the 3 Mouskateers.

Rabbit (Winnie the Pooh) could be out more often also, I have only seen him once in my last 5 trips.

Can not think of any others, right now.

goofymania101
04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
thanks soo much!!! I added it to the list!

Camping Mom
04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
It would be so nice to see other characters besides the Mickey gang and the Pooh gang at some of the characther meals. After 3 or 4 meals of Chip and Dale and Tigger and Piglet, it isn' t that exciting anymore.

Camping Mom
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I have NEVER seen the Blue Fairy. I would love to have Maleficent's autograph.

Wolf
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I would love to see Malificient, Robin Hood, most of the villians arent out enough for my liking, and Esmerelda would be awesome!

goofymania101
04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
i added them! could you please include your first name and (optional) your last initial.. it makes it easier for me! thanks!

BigRedDad
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
All 101 Dalmatians in one spot.

:drummer:

Figgyluv03
04-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I know he comes out very very rarely, but I would love to see Jiminey Cricket.

goofymania101
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
i added them! could you please include your first name and (optional) your last initial.. it makes it easier for me! thanks!

thanks. but as i said can you please add your name, so i don't have to keep putting anonymous! thanks:mickey:

joanna71985
04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
All 101 Dalmatians in one spot.

:drummer:

*GROAN*

dlpmikki
04-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Horace and Clarabelle come out at MK now - saw them in January. There seem to be a slew of new characters out - Phil from Hercules and even Marie from the Aristocats. It was great in January seeing so many new ones.

glenpreece
04-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I know this would be practically impossible since let's face it no woman is built like her but it would be cool to see Jessica Rabbit.
I'd also like to see the different Princes. Like Eric and Snow White's Prince and Philip out for greets with the girls.
Plus Quasimodo, Herc and as mentioned Huey Dewey and Louie.
I also agree with more Villains.

Glendon Preece

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Any of the fairies, I have never seen any of them.
More Villans too!! They are my son's favorite!!

-Allison D

goofymania101
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks everybody! I've added them all! Keep 'em coming!

joanna71985
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I can see some of these, but Huey, Dewey, and Louie will probably not be coming out anytime soon.

Disneyatic
05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree that a larger variety of characters at the character meals would be great! After 2 meals last year my DD wasn't very thrilled about another pic or autograph from Chip-n-Dale and the whole gang and I hated to see her lose enthusiasm.

I would like to see more villians out and would also love to see the Princes, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather and the Dwarfs!

Liz Barajas

DisneyNut2005
05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd like to add Roger Rabbit, Clara Cluck, Peg-Leg Pete, the Three Little Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge McDuck, The Seven Dwarfs, Snow White's Prince, Snow Queen, Snow Witch, Stromboli, Blue Fairy, Dumbo, Thumper, Flower, Brer Rabbit, Mr. Toad, Prince Charming, Jaq & Gus-Gus, March Hare, Mr. Walrus, Tinker Bell, Prince Phillip, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Maleficent, Mowgli, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Little John, Bernard & Bianca, Basil, Ratigan, Oliver, Dodger, Prince Eric, Chef Louie, Max (Prince Eric's dog), Gaston, Abu, John Smith, Bo Peep, Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin, Frollo, Hugo, Victor, Laverne, Hercules, Meg, Philoctetes, Hades, Pain & Panic, Shang, Shan-Yu, Tarzan, Kuzco, Kronk, Yzma, Milo Thatch, Kida, Vinny, Moliere, Jim Hawkins, B.E.N., Gadget, Monterey Jack, Fat Cat, Rebecca Cunningham, Kit Cloudkicker, Don Karnage, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, the Country Bears, the White Witch from "Narnia", Kermit, Miss Piggy, Sweetums, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Bear from "Bear in the Big Blue House".

Brer Robert
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
More villains would be swell, and how about some of the classic Disney Afternoon characters since their shows have been released on dvd? The princes are SOOO deserving of some time in the parks, and I'd love to get Tarzan and Hercules's autograph.

goofymania101
05-05-2007, 10:48 AM
thanks everybody! once i get 150, i will send it out! i have 79!

AliceinDisney
05-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Count me in on this. I always thought they should have Lady and the Tramp, the Oliver and Company characters, The Black Cauldron Characters, Arthur from Sword and the Stone, Bambi ( though I'm not sure how they'd do that one) the Blue Fairy, Flora Fauna and Merriweather ( I think they're face characters at DL resort) Jack Sparrow at WDW, Prince Eric from LIttle Mermaid and the skinny guy that was his advisor , Gaston(DL Paris has him) , I could go on for hours. Lol.

goofymania101
05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
thanks soo much! I'm trying to get 150, and I have 81!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Some of the more rare characters include Sora, Mage Donald and Defender Goofy. They are from the Kingdom Hearts video games and they have only ever been out once in history. During the 2004 MNSSHP.

Jack Sparrow does photos and autographs during P&P, and sometimes during training, as does Maleficent. They are harder to come by since training usually isn't scheduled to the public so you'd have to know someone in entertainment. As for why they don't have Jack doing them at MK, the line would get up to 2 hours long to meet him and that was when it was only P&P Guests.

Other rareities include the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I should go and make a list of all the costumes they have there one day. >_<

like2workout
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
please count me in! can you add my name to the list from this post? i 'd love to also see bernard and bianca from the rescuers!

goofymania101
05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey guys!

FYI: please remember to include your name!

Thanks to the people who have!

I've got all the lists so far!!

courtney

Amy_Callaghan
05-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey guys!

I was thinking about sending Disney World Guest Communications a list of characters to put back in the parks, or make them more common... I'm in need of signatures and character ideas to send to them. I'll start the petition... If you guys would like to send your own letter the address is...

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

PETITION TO GET NEW CHARACTERS OUT...

Courtney B- Pegleg Pete, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Blue Farie, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather

*I will copy everybody's message, and put it together in one big letter!*

Courtney

ps- please don't feel pressured to include any personal info.... just your first name and your last initial!

I'm Amy Callaghan and I would like to see the characters from Hercules and the Hunchback of Notre Dame out and about. Thanks!

MincaMouse
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Dominica M. Has anyone mentioned the Gummi Bears? They ROCK! Sunny, Cubby, Grammy, Tummy, Zummy, and Gruffy.

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I miss Rolie Polie Olie and Zoey.
The pigs aren't out enough or the Big Bad Wolf.
Movie Characters should stay out at least two years on a regular basis. Not everyone gets to go to WDW all the time.
The Villians

AliceinDisney
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
My name is Kelly sorry...

But I think we should also have Maid Marian... I heard she was out before years ago, very rare that'd be so cool I love the Robin Hood characters!

goofymania101
05-10-2007, 09:11 PM
thanks guys! Now I have 90 names with either a message, list of characters, or both! I will let you know when i send it off, and disney gets back to me!

Courtney

ps- keep posting!

goofymania101
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
anyone else? I have 93 names!

DisneyNut2005
05-12-2007, 02:52 PM
One more addition:

Davy Crockett

goofymania101
05-15-2007, 11:11 AM
thanks!

I have 97 names!

Brer Robert
05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Prince Eric from LIttle Mermaid and the skinny guy that was his advisor

Prince Eric's skinny advisor's name is Grimsby, I'd like to see him out too. Also, I don't think anyone EVER mentioned Chef Louie! He actually exists at Tokyo Disney Sea, why couldn't he make at least ONE special appearance at the Pirate/Princess Party?

SUPERMICKEY
05-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Francisco M. here.....agreed...

goofymania101
05-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Francisco M. here.....agreed...

what characters would you like to see?

monkeycity
05-18-2007, 10:34 PM
My name is Rob M from Arkansas. I'd like to see the 'honorable Sheriff of Nottingham' again. And Prince John. I'd also like to see more of the Princes. And how about Dumbo? :dumbo: Too, they used to have meet and greets with the Country Bears in front of Grizzly Hall. That'd be great to see again. :paw: It'd be cool to have a pic with Davy Jones. Oh, and some of the new Monsters, Inc. ones would be cool, too. If I think of any more, I'll post. :thumbsup:

beksy
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Before I forget, its Tiffany S. and I haven't been to the parks in awhile so some of these may be out and I've just forgotten, but I'd love to see ALL 7 of the dwarves, the princes to go with the princesses, especially Aladdin and Jasmine, Mulan and her "prince," characters from the Hunchback, Lady and the Tramp, and Tinkerbelle. How about Simba and I agree that Dumbo needs to be out (riding Dumbo??). Oh, and Flower from Bambi (he's one of my favs). That's my list off the top of my head! Great idea and thanks for doing all the work! ::lift: :thanks:

:eeyore:

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Kristen F. here,

how about Lumiere, Cogsworth, Chip, Mrs. Pots, LaFou (spelling), Maurice, Gaston, the crazy house guy that makes the deal with Gaston, the feather duster maid, Abu, Genie, Rug man, Jasmine's dad the Sultan, Iago, Zazu, Marie, Tooloose (spelling) and Burlios (spelling again), Jacque, Gus Gus, Bruno, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drucilla, Lucifer, Amelia Thermopalus Renaldi, Queen Clarice, Fat Louis, Sebastian, Flounder, Bruce the Shark, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle dee/dum, chesire cat. I just can't think anymore.

AnnetteFan
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I think you all have too much pixiedust in your eyes if you think this is a reasonable idea. I'm not even trying to sound rude but Disney has a hard enough time keeping Mickey and Minnie in the park, they certainly don't have the staff to add every random character that ever appeared in a movie for 5 minutes. It just isn't feasible at all and it's a waste because then you have five really thrilled guests compared to the other thousand confused ones asking if Marie is a bunny or calling Panchito the roadrunner.

DisneyNut2005
06-03-2007, 11:16 PM
I think you all have too much pixiedust in your eyes if you think this is a reasonable idea. I'm not even trying to sound rude but Disney has a hard enough time keeping Mickey and Minnie in the park, they certainly don't have the staff to add every random character that ever appeared in a movie for 5 minutes. It just isn't feasible at all and it's a waste because then you have five really thrilled guests compared to the other thousand confused ones asking if Marie is a bunny or calling Panchito the roadrunner.

Hey! We have every right to express how we feel and let Disney know what we want.

I agree with the staffing issues and I can see it, but still...

As for some of us having too much pixie dust in our eyes...it's a good thing. A VERY, VERY good thing. After all, Disney IS the place where dreams come true.:cloud9:

DisneyNut2005
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm just bumping this thread for goofymania101.

trudisneygal
06-09-2007, 10:53 PM
My name is Monica and a friend of mine just got back and had pics with Lady Tremain, Anastasia and Drucilla(wicked step mother and step-sisters) and I think they should be out more! I hope to see them when we go. Also I have an old autograph from Launch Pad (Ducktales-whoo) and I'd like to see him out again. I also have some pictures from when I was little with one or two of the Three Little Pigs but I think someone else mentioned them. I miss the Dream Finder as well (from the old version of Journey Into Imagination). That's all I can think of right now.

little disney lovers
06-10-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree, especially at charachter dining. Sick of Chip'n'Dale! Maybe they could be a bit more creative with that, Like a Pixar meal, with Buzz, Woody, Mike, Sulley, etc.... OR a Villians meal, with the Evil Queen, Ursula, Etc...

OK, As for specific charahcters, Ursula, Rex and Ham(Toy Story), Boo (Monsters) and the fish or pig from Chicken Little would make my kids pretty happy!

Thanks, Hayley.

little disney lovers
06-10-2007, 12:39 AM
PS
Hey what about the Muppets, I have never seen any of them, I'm sure they're there, Are they? I'd love to see Miss Piggy, Kermit, Animal and the gang!
Thanks, Hayley

Khfan13
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I would like to see the following...

The March Hare:number1:
The Blue Fairy
More Villains

-Eddie W.

DisneyFreak23
06-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I want to see mike and sulley, boo, Peter pan, Wendy, Tink, Lilo, nemo, crush, dory, squirt, gill, peach, gurgles, bloat, jaque, deb, bubbles, Elizabeth Swann, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner,and more...

Chandra J.

AnnetteFan
06-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Lilo is out everyday at Animal Kingdom and she's also in character dining at the Polynesian. Mike and Sully are at MGM every day. Peter Pan and Wendy are in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom everyday.
According to some managment, Tinker Bell should be doing meet'n'greets by next summer.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Dumbo. Apparently they used to have him out and I'd love to see him come back!
-Laura Z. Wilmington DE

Khfan13
06-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Is Lilo at Animal Kingdom or MGM???

OH, and Nemo used to do meets as a vehicle looking thing by The Seas with Nemo and Friends...

joanna71985
06-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Is Lilo at Animal Kingdom or MGM???

OH, and Nemo used to do meets as a vehicle looking thing by The Seas with Nemo and Friends...

Lilo is mostly at AK, but once in awhile she will be at MGM.

And Nemo does not come out any longer at the Seas (except in the ride).

goofymania101
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
thanks!

Fantasmic
08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I want Br'er Fox back. Amy D - Liverpool England :blush:

handmaidenofprincesses
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Robin A. would like Jacques and Gus-Gus, please!

I was very disappointed when a CM at Cinderella's table informed me that only Perla and Susie, the female mice, show up on a regular basis. Jacques and Gus are my favorite!!

joanna71985
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I want Br'er Fox back. Amy D - Liverpool England :blush:

Brer Fox can be found in Frontierland.

OT, but handmaidenofprincesses- I love your quote. That was a funny part in the movie.

Fantasmic
08-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Brer Fox can be found in Frontierland.

OT, but handmaidenofprincesses- I love your quote. That was a funny part in the movie.

Last time I went (2005) Br'er Fox was nowhere to be seen. Even when I asked the CM's they said he wouldn't be back, and they were trying to fade those characters out.

Has this changed? (I used to be so up to date on my characters)

little disney lovers
08-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Others have written nearly all the charachters, I just wanted to agree that they really need more variety for the charachter meals! I am really quite sick of Chip and Dale, How about a Villians meal, or a Jungle theme meal, or a Cowboy meal or just something different!!!
I know they need to keep out Pooh and the other popular ones, but I'm a bit sick of the usual, there is no fun in chasing down an autograph and photo that you already have numerous times!
Variety is the spice of life Disney!:mickey:

joanna71985
08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Last time I went (2005) Br'er Fox was nowhere to be seen. Even when I asked the CM's they said he wouldn't be back, and they were trying to fade those characters out.

Has this changed? (I used to be so up to date on my characters)

I guess so. I always see him there, along with Brer Bear.

Greenlawler
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Todd L would absolutly love to see a meet n greet with the Headless Horseman. How about this for obscure ...Dr. Syn. Basil and McBadger
of course Pete.
Really I would settle for Robin Hood/ Little Jon more often. To me they are Disney World. The park opened right as that movie was new. Why is it that Prince John and Friar Tuck get more appearences than Little John and Robin?

I have seen Brer Fox on each of my last three visits. I also see Maleficent at the Hat alot in after the parade.

ASweetLov
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
The Princes(have only met Prince Charming), 7 Dwarfs( have only met Dopey), Jaques, Gus-Gus, more villains

Natacha C.

kirstenmouse
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM
i have just read AnnetteFan's post about Tink doing meet and greet's next summer! How exciting!! I have been a fan for years and although she is now on floats and in shows at DLRP she still does not do meet and greets! never understood it myself - However I would also love to see the blue fairy make an appearance and good ol'd jimmy - and what about Uncle Remus? and whilst I am on one bring out Song of the south on DVD!
K. Mouse liverpool, England

mommylovesdisneymore
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
How About Chicken Little he has not been around in a while and my son loves Him. Also how about Dark Wing Duck Or Donalds nephews
Never seen either of them:mickey:

goofymania101
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks everybody!
I'll be sure to add them to the list!
:mickey:
I plan on mailing in the letter/list around November or December...
*I'm hoping my letter will persuade disney to let out some more rare characters.. they are getting better though.... :) *

PlutoLover
10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I would LOVE to see Jack and Sally hanging around Haunted Mansion :joy:

Last year for MNSSHP my hubby and I dressed as Jack and Sally and the reception we received was overwhelming from guests and CMs. Many thought we worked there.

I think they would be a great addition for meet and greet!!

Layne V Garofano

goofymania101
10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks!
:mickey:

goofymania101
10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
THREAD IS CLOSED!
SORRY.. DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE THREAD!
MAILING IN LETTER THIS WEEK!
YOU CAN STILL WRITE AND SEND IN YOUR OWN LETTERS IF YOU WOULD LIKE!
:cloud9:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
In 16 days we'll be in Disney. My husband and myself will be looking for Mushu and Jiminy Cricket. ( don't have pictures of them ) Does anyone know when they are out and where???????????????????????:tink:

queen2princesses
10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I know the thread is closed but I just wanted to reply to the previous post:mickey:
In August we saw Jiminey Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK. We saw Mushu inside China at Epcot. Good luck!

PinKy
11-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Clara Belle Cow and Horace Horsecollar would be good too. It seems to me Clara Belle has been in some of the recent direct to DVD releases, like the 3 Mouskateers.

Clara Belle Cow and Horace Horsecollar can sometimes be found in front of Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom. Clara Belle Cow is now a semi-regular on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse Disney and can also be seen sometimes on the House of Mouse on Disney Channel so I think they are bringing her out more now. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I believe that Horace is still in House of Mouse. I thought he was the stage techie who did the audio and commercials. Or at least, that'd who I always thought it was.

joanna71985
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes, Horace is also in House of Mouse. He is in the tech booth.

Twinsowner
11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Peg leg Pete and Zazu!!! My daughter loves them both and last week we searched the entire world for them and their souveniers but none existed. The CM's said no merchandise has ever been made of Pete and very litle of Zazu.

tinklover
11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
I would love to see Malificient, Robin Hood, most of the villians arent out enough for my liking, and Esmerelda would be awesome!

Esmerelda comes out in France in epcot , we got to meet her there.

joanna71985
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Esmerelda comes out in France in epcot , we got to meet her there.

Very, very rarely though.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Davy jones ;), Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Scrooge McDuck, Rescue Rangers, Roger Rabbit, Kermit,Mrs. Piggy, Lumiere, the Clock from Beauty and the Beast, Dopey, Mr. Toad (Does he even excist?), Merlin, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective characters, the Gargoyles from Hunchback

Maybe some of these already walk around a lot, but I haven't seen them ;)

Mackflava99
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Thomas o'Malley, Merlin, Darby O'Gil, Daisy, Goofy's son, Roger Rabbit, , Peg-Leg Pete, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge McDuck, Dumbo, Thumper, Flower, Brer Rabbit, , Mr. Walrus, Tinker Bell, , Maleficent, Mowgli, Little John, Gaston, , Esmeralda, Hades, Kronk, Milo Thatch, Kida,

P.s. i just saw Clara belle last year- i have a good pix

SimbaFan1
03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
We definately need to get Nora and Elliot out there from Pete's Dragon, I'd pay big money for that! Simba and Nala, Lady and the Tramp, Abu, all of the Aristocats, Mowgli, King Louie & that cute little monkey from that song "I want to be like you" who keeps whisling and gets hit by the leaf, Gaston, all of the 7 Dwarves in one group, the main characters from each country in It's a small world (they've been there before, according to my grandma), Figment (At least I haven't seen him since Dreamfinder's days), Mufasa, and The Country Bears. But I want Nora and Elliot the most, maybe over there at America at Epcot, and all of the Aristocats at France! :cloud9:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-05-2008, 01:27 PM
If I'm not too late on this...what about the 3 hitch hiking ghosts from The Haunted Mansion?! :thumbsup:

Chris R :hatter:

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm gonna have to say that all the villains, especially Maleficent, should be out more.