PDA

View Full Version : WL Deluxe Room Questions/Comments

MonoMan
04-24-2007, 07:55 PM
We are planning to stay at the WL in a deluxe room. We’ve been told that they were recently renovated and now include concierge service. We have stayed at the lodge numerous times (concierge and villas) but never in a deluxe room with the new renovated concierge and I’m wondering if anyone has recently stayed there? Are all of the deluxe rooms on the concierge level? Or are they spread out and we’ll have to travel to another floor for the concierge lounge? What were the concierge’s offerings? Any info would be greatly appreciated…

TammiMcMan
04-24-2007, 11:15 PM
The deluxe/junior suites are not located on the club level, that's why they've only recently been added to that service level. You will have to travel from another floor.

Breakfast offerings include a deluxe continental spread with fruit, breads, pastry, cold cereal, yogurt, juice. Afternoon snacks are bowls of goldfish crackers, gummy snacks, chips. Evening typically includes cheese & crackers, vegetables & dip, plus 2 appetizers from a WL restaurant. Desserts are also put out in the late evening. Throughout the day, you can get water, soda, iced tea, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade.... from 5-7pm, they put out an assortment of wines and beers.... from 8pm-10pm, there are cordials setup. The lounge itself is not very big, but it's sort of interesting that they have tables and chairs setup around the balcony, so that you are looking down into the main lobby.

Here's a breakdown of the hours the lounge is open:
Old Faithful Club Hours:
Club Desk 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Coffee 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM
Continental Breakfast 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Refreshments 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Wine and Cheese Selections 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Cordials and Desserts 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM

cgriff
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
This is interesting and new news to me. I had not heard that WL Deluxe room customers would have concierge-level access. Makes sense considering the room rate! Is there official information about this posted somewhere? Could not find anything about it on Disney's resort site.

Thanks!
cgriff

TammiMcMan
04-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Is there official information about this posted somewhere? Could not find anything about it on Disney's resort site.They don't always update the individual resort pages promptly. This is from their booking page though:

Deluxe Room - Club Level
All rooms have two queen-size beds and one queen-size sleeper sofa, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Sleeps six. Deluxe Rooms offer a view of woodlands or interior courtyard areas of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Deluxe rooms have a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, additional television, refrigerator with ice compartment and coffeemaker. All Deluxe Rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, bath robes, voice mail and hairdryer. Iron and ironing board, coffeemaker and mini-bar are available upon request.

cgriff
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
[I]Deluxe Room - Club Level[I]

Very cool. :cool: I feel like I've just been given an upgrade! (Staying at WL deluxe room in July).

Thanks!
cgriff

MonoMan
04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much for all of the information.
We always have a fantastic time and the WL is our favorite. The new deluxe room sounds very promising.

threeh
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey monoman
If you get the travel channel the show Great Hotels, the host (samantha brown) stays in a deluxe room at WL if you want to get a glimpse of what they look like.

Happy planning!!!:thumbsup:

cgriff
04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey monoman
If you get the travel channel the show Great Hotels, the host (samantha brown) stays in a deluxe room at WL if you want to get a glimpse of what they look like.

Correct, although I am fairly sure that the "Great Hotels" WL episode was taped before the recent room refurbs at the resort. Decor will be different but I presume the layout of the Deluxe rooms will be the same... Thanks.

MonoMan
04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks!
I've seen the WL Great Hotels, and I've actually got that episode on TIVO