PDA

View Full Version : DME or a town car for a flight arriving after midnight?

NLODisney
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I am doing a solo trip in May and arrive at midnight. I was wondering if getting a town car would be a better option than doing DME? I know it is free to do DME but are they even open at this time of night?

disneycouple2004
04-24-2007, 05:20 PM
we arrived about 1 am..we did have to grab our own bags..but the bus was waiting for us..no problem..:thumbsup:

Piglet822
04-24-2007, 07:28 PM
DME is a 24/7 operation. When you make your ressies with Magical Express and give them your flight info, they will be expecting you and should have CM's on hand at the welcome center.
There are actually several CM's that work the overnight at the airport in case of delayed flights.
Should you arrive at the DME welcome center and for some reason noone is there, call 407-423-5566. This is the Mears customer service number (Mears operates the DME buses). Just let them know you are at the welcome center and a bus will be sent to pick you up.

NLODisney
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Piglett that's good to know and will save me some money.

CleveRocks
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Overall, both DME and a car service will get you to your resort in about the same amount of time. Most of the time savings in DME comes from the fact that you don't need to go to baggage claim and wait for your bags and drag them through the airport. You CAN choose to do this, but then you add to your total time.

The advantages of a car service are personalized attention and a private ride (versus a shared ride on a large bus), and the advantages of DME are IT'S FREE and you also get the automatic luggage delivery.