PDA

View Full Version : Best drinks at Poly?

poeticeclipse
04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
My fiance and I have always wanted to try some of those fun fruity drinks at the Poly but we have no idea which one is best and most popular?:marg: He's 23 and i'm 20 so we need alcoholic and non alcoholic options please! Thanks in advance!:beer: :marg: =:ack:

wendy*darling
04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Lapu Lapu!!:papple:

Served in a pineapple.
Definitely popular.
Definitely yummy!

And you can get it (or any other fruity drink) without alcohol- just ask.

mudpuppysmom
04-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Another vote for Lapu Lapu!!!

And I had no idea they made them NA!!!!

DVC2004
04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Hands down, Lapu Lapu!

Christine
04-24-2007, 03:04 PM
What exactly is in a Lapu Lapu? I mean what is the flavor? (coconut, pineapple, mango etc???)

poeticeclipse
04-24-2007, 03:20 PM
What exactly is in a Lapu Lapu? I mean what is the flavor? (coconut, pineapple, mango etc???)

ooo ooo and how much are we talking for this delicious tropical drink?

mudpuppysmom
04-24-2007, 03:34 PM
From Info Central:

Lapu Lapu
Myers's Rum, Bacardi 151, Orange Juice, Sour Mix, served in a Fresh Cut Pineapple - $12.50

All I know is they are YUMMYYYYYYYY!!!!

DVC2004
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
ooo ooo and how much are we talking for this delicious tropical drink?

I want to say it's $10, but it might be more. It's served in a hollowed out fresh pineapple.
Another one we like is the Backscratcher, complete with an actual novelty back scratcher.

disney100%
04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I cannot leave the Polynesian without at least 1 Malibu Macaw. I was pregnant on my last trip, so I made my sister in law have one for me. Very delicious and fruity. It has malibu and midori in it. I am really looking forward to having one on my next trip!

Clotho
04-24-2007, 04:29 PM
It amazes me how universal the love of the Lapu Lapu is! When I told one of my students I was going to be staying at the Poly, her first words out of her mouth were, "OH! You HAVE to try the Lapu Lapu!"
LOL

I WILL!:lei: :yes:

Bruegge
04-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Another one we like is the Backscratcher, complete with an actual novelty back scratcher.

(Robin Williams).. If alcohol is a crutch... Jack Dainiels is a wheelchair...

Back scratcher is a neat drink with the take home toy...but... It's strong... never was much of a Whiskey person...

Beer and Wine mighty Fine

Booze and Whiskey .. mighty risky

Dw and I got an after dinner coffee drink at a local restaurant called a "Coffee Nudge".. Basically a shot or two of coffee, Irish Whiskey, Frangelico, Baileys, and one or two other liquors... We since refer to it as the "Coffee Shove"

Go with the Lapu Lapu.... IMHO

Scott

poeticeclipse
04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Now, I do I pronounce this drink without sounding like a bit on the dumb side?

Is it La like in Laugh
or La like in "ahhh that's refreshing?"

haha:blush:

Crow
04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Lapu Lapu..i can count the pineapple as a fruit, so it must b healthy.
gonna have mine in 36 days or so when i dine at Kona