PDA

View Full Version : stroller for tall 5 year old

kgoulash
04-24-2007, 01:43 PM
my ds will be 5 on our next trip, already at 41/2 he is 4 feet tall and growing, i don't plan on taking a stroller for him as we will already be brining one for our 7 month old.
my real question is about the park strollers. i haven't used these since i was a kid so the memory is hazy. are they big enough for such a tall kid? if i plan on using them randomly, like when he's getting tired out are they comfy enough for him to take a quick nap? i know they are hard plastic so do any of you bring a blanket or pillow to help? i don't want to lug around a huge plastic stroller and have him complain about the lack of comfort, i can't take whinning!
all in all i'm just trying to figure out the best way to get the 2 kids around the park, realizing our infant will need a stroller from home.
thanks for the help
:minnie:

Belle's Mom
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
My daughter is also 4 1/2 and is 4 ft tall. She fit just fine in the strollers down there. She could not find a way to get comfy enough to nap, though! We are going again in June and we may only get a stroller at Epcot...

kgoulash
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
epcot is my main worry as well, though staying in a epcot resort i dont' think it will be too bad, but i can just picture us halfway through the lands in world showcase and him pooping out! oh well i suppose it's doubtful he will sleep at this age during the day anyway!

kakn7294
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I can't say that he will get comfy enough to nap but we fit a short 7 yo and a tall 8 (almost 9) yo in a double together everyday. We also fit the 8 yo with an average height 11 yo. I've seen adults comfortably fit into the doubles. Your 5 yo would definately fit in a double and probably in a single too.

floridamom
04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I notice kids who seem to be close to 12 years old in Disney strollers on a regular basis. I've heard some people mention that they bring a pillow to make the hard molded plastic a bit more comfy for their kids. If you're short on space, you could look for inflatable pillows--I found some at Target last summer. :mickey:

Dakota Rose
04-30-2007, 12:37 AM
On our last trip, we saw kids that were older than 12 in the strollers. Were they comfortable? Good question. It actually annoyed me.

Can your son fit in the stroller from home? Maybe the babe can hang out in a baby bjorn for awhile if big brother needs a rest? And if that works, then you could also check out the "buggy boards" you attach to the rear of a stroller. He'd still have to stand, but could ride instead of walk.

kgoulash
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
i know we will be using the bjorn and slings as she loves them already but with the unpredictable heat i think she'll be in the stroller a bit as well
my problem with the stoller from home is his legs were hanging to the ground at age 3 so at 5...
has anyone used the strollers that have the bench in the back for older kids to sit on? i'm probably making more of this than needed, just planning and overplanning until our trip is finally here!

alicia524luvstw
05-01-2007, 05:32 AM
My tall ds @ 5yrs fit into Disney's strollers just fine. He curled up his legs a bit and was comfortable. At first he refused to sit in a stroller because he said he was too old and would be embarrassed but once he got in he was happy we rented it.