PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green-Eligibility to book room question.

BrerGnat
04-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok, can this be done:

Father in law is a 100% disabled vet. Mother in Law has a Military Dependent ID card.

Can MIL check into the Shades of Green on her own without FIL going on the trip?

I know that a spouse of an active duty military member can do this, but does it work the same for the spouses of 100% disabled vets?

We want MIL to accompany us on our trip, but we really want to stay at the Poly, but NOT all in one room. However, a room at the Poly is probably too far out of her budget. I was thinking she could maybe stay at SOG since it's basically across the street from the Poly. We will have a rental car, so we could pick her up/drop her off at night when it's time to go to bed.

FIL is in poor health and cannot really travel, especially to a place like WDW.

We have no desire to stay at SOG, even though we are eligible. That is DH's choice...he wants to feel like he's on vacation from the military, NOT surrounded by people who could be his co-workers. :blush:

mudpuppysmom
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
As far as I know and have experienced all you need is your ID card and you are all set.....You can call SOG to confirm this, but I'm a little leery of getting an answer from some of the people on the phones -- you get conflicting info sometimes.....OR you can do what I usually do -- email them and someone from their actual Guest Services will answer your question. If you do decide to call, I'd ask for the manager, get their name and note it in case there are any problems.

kellyisbusy
04-24-2007, 04:35 PM
The dependant ID will be fine but the rate of the room will be based on the rank of the member when they left service. I love this hotel because the rooms are so large, but miss the Disney feel you get from the other hotels. Shades has it's benefits if you do not want to stay there you can still use their restaurants and it is much much cheaper. they have a great pizza at the bar and grill. another bonus if you drink--the acoholic beverages are much less expensive there. But you still pay $2.50 for a bottle of coke due to them park contract stuff.
If you were to spend more time at other orlando parks and not as much time as disney it is perfect.