PDA

View Full Version : Flying and Sunscreen

DisneyWhirled
04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
We are arriving at WDW relatively early in the day via Southwest.

As a result, we will be checking our luggage (using DME) and heading off to the parks after checking in, but before our luggage arrives.

Does anyone know, would I be allowed to carry a bottle of sunscreen in my carry on so that I can apply before heading to the parks?

Polynesian Dweller
04-24-2007, 01:27 PM
You can if the container is 3oz or less and it should be in an original manufacturer's container to avoid hassles. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
1) No larger than a 3-ounce bottle.
2) Place it is a 1-quart ziplock bag.
3) Out other such items in the bag.
4) Put bag on conveyor belt in a tray.

AZ Disney
04-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Looks like you've already received the answer, but I cut and pasted this right from the SW website, since we just did this last weekend. Here is the TSA weblink as well which was helpful to us.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

Customers are presently allowed to bring with them one clear, transparent, resealable, 1 quart (1 liter) size, plastic bag containing liquids, gels, and/or aerosols in containers of 3 oz. (90ml) capacity or less per container. (Most "travel size" items found in grocery and convenience stores are 3 oz. or less.) The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably within and be completely closed/sealed. These items will be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the Customer’s carryon bag.

Funcruiser56
04-24-2007, 02:53 PM
I bought some at Walmart the other day, 3oz of a sport/waterproof sunscreen for about $1.50. The perfect size to take to the parks.
We are considering not checking any bags this trip since it is just 4 days so I am looking at all the small size products to see if we can get everything we need and put it in 2 quart size bags.

Bev

vamaggie
04-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Another option might be the stick sunscreen. My DS hates the lotion so we always use sticks (or sprays). I believe most of the sticks are <1oz so you could each have 1 or more in your 1 qt ziploc bag and still be good to go.

dixielandings
04-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Another option might be the stick sunscreen. My DS hates the lotion so we always use sticks (or sprays). I believe most of the sticks are <1oz so you could each have 1 or more in your 1 qt ziploc bag and still be good to go.

Since a stick is a solid, it is not restricted at all. It's like lipSTICK (unrestricted) vs. gloss(restricted). So you could take as many of these as you want.