PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century or Port Orleans

wdwgirl21
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I am planning a trip in Septemeber for free dining, and have always stayed at the Poly when we stay on site. This trip we are trying to not spend quite as much on this trip and are trying to decide whether to try one of the Port Orleans resorts, or Pop Century. We are open to Coronado Springs as well, we just don't know much about it. We will be traveling with our son, who will be 2 at the time. Which resort should we choose? Either which Port Orleans or Pop? We would like a place with good areas for a toddler, and a nice atmosphere for us! Also, we would like good access to easy transportation as we will have a stroller.

Thanks!

mdricks
04-24-2007, 12:00 PM
If you haven't reserved your room yet you may not have a choice. I think the number of rooms with free dining is limited although I would have to defer to someone with more experience on that. If it was me, I would call my magical journeys contact (much love Debbie!) and find out if both are available.

:thumbsup:

RockChalkKimball
04-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I have stayed at both POR and POP. When we stayed at POR it was a family of four. When we stayed at POP it was just me and my DS who was 13 at the time. POP rooms are somewhat smaller, but worked fine for the two of us. For a 2 year old, POP would be lots of fun as everything is big and bright and lots of places to play. POP is very energentic. If you are looking for a nice, quiet place, POR is great and a little roomier. The other nice thing about POR are the quiet pools. They are a nice alternative to the pools at POP which can get noisy and crowded. Good Luck!

disney100%
04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I have never stayed at POP, but I can tell you you that POR is my family's favorite. We have stayed there many trips and are returning in February 2008. My son was 14 months last time we stayed there. He loved the boat ride to Downtown Disney, the water wheel, the ducks and bunnies we saw everywhere, and the room was just the right size for the three of us. We had actually considered POP for our next trip, but now there are 4 of us and I think the rooms may be a little tight with a pack and play and two beds - of course, that is only speculation since I haven't actually experienced it. The other thing about POR I liked was that the quiet pool was VERY quiet. Since my son was so little, it was pretty nice to have the pool to ourselves many of the days we were there.

Disneytravels
04-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Depends on your room time... if you are going to be there alot them PO but if you are there to sleep only then POP..lol
But i will tell you this... pick in the middle of the timeframe to get those choices... POP is moslty filled up under the free Dining. You can book under another Value and keep checking back. I have a few clients who had to do this. Check this thursday mainly.. alot of poeple who put 14 day hold on the vacation on April 12 will expire if they didn't put their 200.00 down. Just a tip! Good luck!

kris10399
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I haven't stayed at POP but my sisters have and they enjoyed it. I've been at both POR and Coronado Springs. We were at Coronado when DD was 9mos. It wasn't bad since we had a first floor accessible room near the bus.

But one of the previous posters had a good point..you just might have to stay where they still have the free dining available.

Good luck! Have fun.

pox24
04-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Port Orleans!