PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels for Thanksgiving

BriarRose
04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
We are booked for Thanksgiving day (Nov 22) through Nov 29. I have never been to WDW for Thanksgiving, and I have read that the week of Thanksgiving is busy. What is considered the "week" of Thankgiving? Is it the week up to Thanksgiving, or the week after? I'm hoping that after the weekend, it will thin out.

What is considered busy? I have been there for Halloween. Is it any busier than that? Is it busier than peak season?

We are travelling with relatives that were there at that time in 1994 and said that it was not too busy.

goofiecrazy
04-24-2007, 11:41 AM
We were there in 2004 for Thanksgiving and we flew in the Friday before.We hit MK on Sat. and it was busy.The time we were there is was like that. It kinda reminded me of the summer when we usually go.We spent Thanksgiving day in Sea World and i never seen it that empty before it really was strange to see any theme park like that.We left the day after Thanksgiving.

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2007, 12:44 PM
We have been there during Thanksgiving a few times. In general, I think what you can expect is a very busy period with crowds Thanksgiving Day through Sunday. We are there very little during the summer, but I would equate the crowds to summer levels. Then it will start to thin out very nicely. We have found the week following Thanksgiving, starting on Monday, is very light on crowds. It's a great time to be there, especially with all the holiday decorations. Have fun.

BriarRose
04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Our first day is on Thanksgiving. Is it usually not crowded? When I made reservations, I was told to make my Thanksgiving dinner plans as soon as they are available. Does that mean it gets busy toward the evening?

tink88
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
We were there last Thanksgiving and I have never seen Disney so crowded - ever. We are Fl resident passholders and go up all the time so we see it slow, we see it busy, but never before as busy as this. That said we had a great time, but be prepared for the possibility of serious crowds and plan accordingly. Book reservations for Thanksgiving dinner asap. Liberty Tree in MK is most popular and books fast if you are thinking of dining there. But book any dinners, especially if you do have a place in mind that you'd like to visit, soon.

Donald Duck 224
04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Wednesday thru saturday are very busy, but other than that it isnt too bad

BigRedDad
04-24-2007, 08:08 PM
We were there on our Honeymoon in 2001 over Thanksgiving. Sunday through Wednesday before was not that bad at all. As Wed before Thanksgiving got later, the more crowded it got. After that, it was slammed. Fast-passes gone very early in the day, long lines. We stayed late one night at the MK. The line for the All Star buses had about a 10 bus wait. We were at AKL which was sharing with the All Stars then. The bus driver recommended getting a cab because it would be a while to get every one out.

Things might have changed since we were there.

TheRustyScupper
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
1) Thanksgiving is the 2nd busiest week of the year.
2) It can be elbow-to-elbow.
3) Fortunately, it thins-out after Sunday.

grammy3
04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
We are going the week before Thanksgiving, Nov 17-22, leaving T-Day. Is it suppose to be busy during that time frame? We usually go during October or 1st part of December but work scheduling changed that for this year.

Either way we will have good time, after all it is Disney World!!

Grammy3

SBETigg
04-28-2007, 03:48 PM
We are going the week before Thanksgiving, Nov 17-22, leaving T-Day. Is it suppose to be busy during that time frame? We usually go during October or 1st part of December but work scheduling changed that for this year.

Either way we will have good time, after all it is Disney World!!

Grammy3

Yes, you're going at an extremely busy time. To my experience, it gets very crowded starting the Friday before Thanksgiving until after the holiday. Do make Thanksgiving dinner plans early if you plan to be there for Thanksgiving.