PDA

View Full Version : Too much Poly with our choices?

mouseketeer mom
04-24-2007, 10:06 AM
OK..almost ADR time for me for our November trip. My fam would like to do the Luau for Thanksgiving day, we have to def. do Ohana's because its our favorite, and now after Jyms Kona Cafe review, I'd like to add that in there sometime during our stay as well (for dinner I think too!) Is this too much Poly you think?

crazykids
04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
We're staying there in September & are going to both Ohanas & Kona. All depends on your preference & where you want to eat on your vacation. It would be very convenient since you're staying at the resort.

January-2007
04-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think it's too much since you'll be staying there. It will be so very convenient!

SBETigg
04-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Is there such thing as too much Poly? Plus, they are all really different experiences. You will be spending a lot of meals in one place, but if you like those options, why not?

glenpreece
04-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I love the Poly so we are going to both OHana and Kona on our upcoming trip. I think it is one of the best themed resorts I really feel as if I am in a whole new world when we are there.

mdricks
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Dont look at it as too much poly...

look at it as never having to worry about getting lost for dinner!

:D

dolphinmickey9170
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's too much Poly. We got married there last July....It is such a beautiful place. We are going in ten days and plan on have 3 meals there as well. Luau, O'hana (DD 16th birthday party), and Kona Cafe (all thanks to Jym)!! I am so excited. If you know you like something...stick with it!!:eat:

TBY2225
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
There is no such thing as too much Poly! I would love to stay there if I could, but we can't afford it this trip! That being said, we are staying at Pop Century and will be dining 4 times at the Poly. It is truely like a mini-vacation in itself. Also great that it can be reached by monorail and it is easy to get to and find from the other resorts! Don't shy away, eat where you want and you will not be sorry!

psychotekkie
04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
We love the Poly and stayed there on our last vacation. This time we're going cheaper at Pop Century, but really wanted to go back to Poly for the Tonga Toast. You may have heard about it, being served at the Kona. However :) :), it also happens to be served for breakfast at their counter service restaurant(Captain Cooks), which means we can go there for breakfast for our fav. treat, and then go to MK and not have to leave part way through the day. And breakfast is usually cheaper than lunch, and we don't use up a TS on our DDP.

(Sorry if I'm off on a tangent here)!

If you are in MK, the Poly is just a couple minutes Monorail ride away, so don't worry about the back and forth thing either. It's so worth it. Have fun. This will be your Poly-style trip. Maybe next time you will do a different theme.

Natazu
04-26-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm expecting a check from Kona management any day now. ;)

BigRedDad
04-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Is there such a thing as "too much Poly"? The only way I could see this as a problem is if you planned all your meals there. You should at least eat at each of those restaurants. I wouldn't eat at them more than once with all the other great experiences out there, but eating at them once is a must.

vamaggie
04-26-2007, 06:21 AM
We are also staying at Poly in the fall and planning on both Ohana & Kona.Never been to either. The menus look like the food is different at each so I don't think it will be redundant to eat at both. When we stayed at WL we ate at WCC and Artist Point-same idea. Soak in the Poly experience and enjoy!

Kairi_7378
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
As long as you're not eating back to back meals at the Poly, I don't see there being a problem! I'm sure these are all spread over a few days. By eating in all of the restaurants, you'll really be able to soak in the ambiance of the resort.

Dicecatt262
04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Too much Poly? Pshaw. No such thing.

We are eating at Ohanas THREE times in September, twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Yes, I said THREE times. And Kona once!

Mom2princesses
04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
They are two totally different menus. We stay at the Poly and we always eat at both places. We do Ohana's twice once for the Character breakfast and once for Dinner. We also do a breakfast at Kona's and sometimes a dinner or just a late night stop to have one of Kona's great desserts!! Yum! :lei:

ravsluvdisney
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
You can NEVER have too much POLY!! :papple:

We hit up Kona last time for dinner and the food was really yum. Hit up the MK fireworks afterwards from the beach and you're golden!!