PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #11

King Triton
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Today's question asks you to choose between two of the moderates: Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.

If you've stayed at both, which is your preference? If you've stayed at neither, please feel free to vote with the one you would pick.

Tomorrow (Wed.), look for question #12 in the Dining forum...

darthmacho
04-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I've stayed at Coronado Springs, and have visited Caribbean Beach, so i have seen both. While the latter was colorful, pleasant, and somewhere I'd like to stay sometime, I much prefer Coronado Springs, which for a moderate resort has the theming, style, and beauty of a deluxe resort. I'll always have wonderful memories from that trip, including a sunset/moonrise dinner with a wonderful view of the lake. :sombrero:

avantgardeinker
04-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I haven't stayed at either resort, but when we were thinking about moderate resorts the Caribbean Beach resort was on our list of preferences, so that's what I voted for.

226 more days!!
:mickey:

DDuck66
04-24-2007, 10:29 AM
We love the CBR but I am probably biased as that was my first adult trip to DW. We love the spread out feel to the resort as well as the location of the shops and food court. We usually stay in Jamaica which is far enough away from the noise but close enough for a quick evening stroll to the shop or for a snack.

c&d
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I have never stayed at CBR, next on our list of mods.

But having stayed 2 weeks at CSR I loved it. It really felt more like a deluxe than a mod. There was a convention going on but they never impacted us. The buses were almost always empty and the pool was huge and never crowded. I will definitely stay there again.

January-2007
04-24-2007, 10:52 AM
CBR was the first on property hotel I stayed at so that's why I picked it. Plus, I have no interest in Coronado, it just doesn't appeal to me. I like Pop Century and OKW the best, but we're trying the Beach Club next month so.... I chose CBR for this poll. By the way, it's lots of fun. The year of 100 questions, great stuff, :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Never been to CBR, but the view from Boardwalk makes it look very nice. We stayed at CSR during a convention. The resort is magnificent. The theming is great. It may not feel as Disney as the other resorts, but it is not lacking anything. In the morning, there were slightly longer lines for coffee and the lounges had a few more people getting cocktails.

Personally, I don't think you could go wrong at either. you have your choice of a Caribbean get away or a Soutwestern getaway.

Caroleh
04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I haven't stay at either one, but I chose CSR because it doesn't seem so spread out as CBR.

RAIDER
04-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Ive only stayed at the CBR and for me CSR would have to be really really good to beat it

Figgyluv03
04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
CBR!!!! I use to work there and I love the whole idea and set up of the resort! I miss my fellow CPers as well! They were the best people to work with!

Tynkerbelle
04-25-2007, 07:20 PM
My vote went to CBR. I've stayed at both and while neither is my favorite moderate (POR has that honor), CBR feels more vacation-y. I think the whole business center thing at CS kind of ruins it for me - I don't want to see a bunch of suits while I'm on vacation, I get that enough at work! Now if my employer would like to send me on a business trip, I would be more than happy to stay at CS!!

bellerose
04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I prefer Coronado Springs because I like the Pepper Market and the decor the CS. I find that CBR is a little more spread out than CS.

Kairi_7378
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
My first choice for a moderate resort on this past trip was Cornado Springs. Sadly, they were booked. I am into the Southwest so the theming appealed to me. If I wanted to go to a Caribbean resort, I'd be tempted to go to the Caribbean. :blush:

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 01:40 AM
CBR is one of my favorite moderates. I love the grounds:mickey:

KAT1811
04-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Coronado Springs, which for a moderate resort has the theming, style, and beauty of a deluxe resort. :sombrero:

:ditto:

It really felt more like a deluxe than a mod. There was a convention going on but they never impacted us. The buses were almost always empty and the pool was huge and never crowded. I will definitely stay there again.

:ditto:

We LOVE CSR. We actually prefer it over the BC. I don't care for CBR at all. Even with the bright colors it felt rather cold to me. We've been to the carabbean a bunch of times and I just don't feel it there. I also don't care for the set up at all. Just my :twocents:

When it comes to the CSR I think it is unmatched. They have the almost all of the ammenities of a deluxe resort (gym, beauty salon, suites, business center, etc.) and yet the pricing is moderate. The only thing they don't have is inside room access (which I personally feel requires that I keep my children quieter, no running down the halls or calling to each other, at the CSR it isn't an issue).

The best part of the hotel is that it is primarily a convention resort. IMHO that misconception keeps plenty of "regular" guests away and makes much more room for us. I never have to stand on a bus, watch a bus go by already full, or try to find a lounge chair at the pool, there are always plenty to choose from. Believe me most of the conventioneers are not in suits and as a matter of fact we had some great times at night with some of them.

The CSR is our favorite!!!

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I've stayed at both and prefer the carribean beach. The coronado is huge and unless you have a preferred room be prepared to do some walking.
:goofy: