PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 4/23

chrisb26
04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Greetings from Florida! We're back with another exciting edition of Yavn Speaks... and now here's your host... me!

So how is everyone? First of all, let me tell you about that Churro, it was golden brown and delicious - but I felt obligated to down a Turkey Leg too, even though it didn't win the poll. I'm just glad I only you offered two options! ;-)

Yum! Yavn downs a quick snack at Walt Disney World!

The Turkey-Churro - the snack that eats like a meal!

Yavn's World Tour - Spring '07
We've done a lot in our first few days here at Walt Disney World, our first stop was EPCOT. As many of you know I'm a huge fan of EPCOT. (I know, I know, you're all eagerly expecting some furniture for that EPCOT Guest Room - I've got the team working on that.)

At EPCOT we checked out the enhanced Rio Del Tiempo at the Mexico Pavilion in EPCOT's World Showcase. For those of you familiar with the ride, it's been updated to include Jose, Donald and Panchito from The Three Caberellos. (If you've played our in-Park Animation Quest this is will give you a hint about the correct answer to the last question). It was awesome!

Speaking of Questing, this coming week we'll be working on new Quest and developing additions to the game. While we're on the topic of the game, hopefully you're all getting ready for that Dark Ride-A-Thon, which is this coming weekend - as I've mentioned before, there's some really cool stuff to get by participating - so be sure to ride! And check out the Event Info section for more details on the event.

A Questus for the Restofus

So you've conquered the Alice in Wonderland/Peter Pan Quest now it's time to take a spin with our pal J. Thaddeus Toad, starting today is the Mr. Toad's Wild Quest - if you still haven't played the other Fantasyland Quest you still have time, but get Questing.

Take a ride with Mr. Toad and win this great pin for your Fantasyland pin collection!

While we're on the topic, after a few delays (ok, more than a few) I'm proud to announce the launch of the new in-game Tomorrowland Quest, the new in-Park Tomorrowland Quest and another very cool update to a classic VMK Quest we were running in the Parks.

I'll have more news on this next week, but let's just say that you'll finally have a great reason to complete multiple Quest again and get a snazzy new reward for your efforts - yep, those seasonal Mickey Mouse Furniture cards are finally launching too!

Mickey Mouse Furniture - coming to a VMK guest room near you!

Since the seasonal Mickey Furniture cards are launching so close to Summer, we decided to launch the Summer card first. This way you'll have plenty more time to get to the Park and get the card. We're also hoping to have a release schedule of future reward cards very soon.

Ahoy Matey!

Well that about wraps it up for now - one last thing I want to mention though, with the release of Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, we're pleased to be bringing back one of the most popular VMK themes - PIRATES! Next month is Pirates month here in VMK! Hey that reminds me - I think I'll see if I can catch a flight from Orlando to New Orleans for the Pirate Con going on now! I just wish I would have packed my chicken hat, eye patch and Pirates Underoos!

See you in VMK,
Yavn

chrisb26
04-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Once again Yavn hasn't given us very much in the way of Information of release dates for the new in-park quests. I know Cat was hoping for them to be out this weekend for her trip but not sure if they will have it yet after reading this. I just hope it is out by the time I go to WDW in a few weeks.

I'm glad they are starting with the Mickey TV rather then the carpet I like it a whole lot more. However at the rate we are going we will see the next item before it is released. (First he said the window was coming soon, Then he said sorry for the delay but we are going to start with the rug now, and now sorry for the delay again folks but we will start with the TV now) So I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw the next item for fall which I believe was a chair. Since he has gone through everything else and still hasn't released the quest.

TinkRocks
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
I think I'll wait until quests and furniture are released - I'm not holding my breath anymore... LOL

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree with you Dino. Yeah, we already know that the Dark Ride-A-Thon is coming out. You ate some Turkey Legs! :P How about a little more than letting us know that the Mickey furnish (which I really like) and Pirates are coming out? Please? Please? Please..?

Chescat
04-25-2007, 01:24 AM
:angry: :fit: :angry: :fit: :angry: :fit:

I think for my pain and suffering, we should get the winter and spring card along with summer! :bang: :blowup: