PDA

View Full Version : Cancellations are very important...

McGoofy
04-24-2007, 06:08 AM
What is it with Le Cellier? That is my favorite place to eat, yet it is the most difficult to get reservation for. I am headed down to WDW on May 6. Just yesterday I got a reservation for Le Cellier. I told her that I didn't care if it was for lunch or dinner. She had ONE--only one--time to offer. It was a 1:20 lunch. She said someone had just cancelled it, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything. I told her that I would take it. So just want to remind people that even though you might not think it is important to cancel when you know you won't go, it really means a lot to those of us that are waiting standby! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Very true and well said:thumbsup:
We are going May 6th also but we skipped Le Cellier this time. We are doing Rose & Crown instead. Have a great time. See you at the World;)

SBETigg
04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
It's also a good reminder to make those ADRs early, as close to the 180 day mark as possible, if you hope to eat at the more popular restaurants. Late planners or last minute diners still have plenty of options, but Le Cellier usually isn't one of them.

A funny aside, I was just looking at my Birnbaum Dining Guide from 2005 and it lists Le Cellier (along with Biergarten) as one of their favorite places to find easy walk-up seating in the event that one doesn't have ADRs. How times have changed.

Bruegge
04-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I tried to get lecellier for late May. I was 100 days out. I could only get a 9:15pm ressie... or lunch.

Posts here and the CM mentioned it is one of the smallest restaurants in the showcase.. Not to mention it's very popular.

Scott

Disneytravels
04-24-2007, 09:56 AM
We are going in Sept 07 and I only got a lunch also.. I have been told its as hot as the castle now. I have some clients going in May and they couldn't get in at all. I know they are closed for a small time in may for refurb's.
It does have small seating for it.
Have fun!

dolphinmickey9170
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
The are also closed for a refurb in May as well. We have our ressies for just a couple days before they close.

Going May 6-19!! Can't wait.

Funcruiser56
04-24-2007, 12:45 PM
We had a ADR for Le Cellier last trip and decieded to change it. We called about 4 hrs before our ADR and were able to get a ADR for Coral Reef, the CM on the phone asked us 3 times if we were sure we wanted to cancel the Le Cellier! She said someone is going to be very happy to get this one!
We were happy that someone had cancelled Coral Reef too, the CM said that one had just shown up on the list, so we lucked out.

If you can't get Le Cellier then branch out there are lots of other great dining spots in Epcot. Rose and Crown is especially nice for lunch if you can get a patio spot. Also lunch is a good option for most places and cheaper too..then you can walk off all that good food!

Bev

tinksmom02
04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
A funny aside, I was just looking at my Birnbaum Dining Guide from 2005 and it lists Le Cellier (along with Biergarten) as one of their favorite places to find easy walk-up seating in the event that one doesn't have ADRs. How times have changed.

If I'm not mistaken, Unofficial 2007 says something along those lines as well.

princessgirls
04-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I was sooo happy to get my reservation at LeCellier for our upcoming end of August trip.

It made my week... most of the dining for the girls, and a few great places for Mom and Dad too!

Julie:mickey:

MMouse6937
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I called for our ADRs exactly 180 days out for Sept. It was also before they announced the free dining. We were able to get Le Cellier at 6:00 pm no problem. Not the case a couple years ago. Had to go with a 4:00 dinner, but we took whatever we could get. I way very excited to get what I wanted this year. We are taking my parents and I know my father will love dinner here (we are French Canadian background). Good luck to everyone out there eating at the places they want to!!! :thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Speaking of which, we were amongst the unlucky that could not get ressies, even though our trip is 150+ days away still. So, that being said, any recommendations for other steak houses. My husbands a big steak fan, so I thought Le Cellier would be nice, but oh well!
What about Concourse Steak House? Anyone have opinions of that?

kminton
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
The are also closed for a refurb in May as well. We have our ressies for just a couple days before they close.

Going May 6-19!! Can't wait.

You had me scared there for a moment. We are going late May and have ADR for LeCellier (lunch party of 9). Then I found on the information page that they are going to be closed up until we get there:thumbsup:

Now if I can figure out what to do for 3 more sit down meals.

Kerri

Through the looking Glass
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
You could try the Yachtmans Steak house over at the Yacht club. It's a quick walk though the International Gateway entrance. It's about a 10 minute walk from LeCellier.

jonsmom
04-25-2007, 04:48 PM
What is it with Le Cellier? That is my favorite place to eat, yet it is the most difficult to get reservation for. I am headed down to WDW on May 6. Just yesterday I got a reservation for Le Cellier. I told her that I didn't care if it was for lunch or dinner. She had ONE--only one--time to offer. It was a 1:20 lunch. She said someone had just cancelled it, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything. I told her that I would take it. So just want to remind people that even though you might not think it is important to cancel when you know you won't go, it really means a lot to those of us that are waiting standby! :thumbsup:

We were at WDW last week. I called to check the day that we wanted to eat there and they were able to accomodate us at 4:30. It was earlier than I wanted, but they got us in right away. I cancelled the lunch that I had at 1:20.

Last week, the first 3 days we waited up to one hour even with ADR's at LTT, Cape May and Ohana breakfast. The rest of the week we were called right at our reservation time.

January-2007
05-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Just had to share...

I've been calling for several weeks now trying to get a breakfast at Chef Mickey's for our trip at the end of this month... with no luck. But today, I got it!!! Someone had just cancelled and we got the best day and time and everything, I am very excited. So yes, cancellations are very important. And as a side note, with a 7:50AM breakfast at Chef Mickey's, do you think we'll make it in time for the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom? I guess we should show up at the podium 20 minutes early and wish for the best? At any rate, I'm thrilled!

princessjojo
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
We always cancel if we have a change of plans. That said, we change our ADR's very little for this very reason, because it is so hard to get in elsewere. The thing that really gets me are those who make 2 or more ressies per night with intentions of atually eating at only one of them and never bother to cancel the others.:thedolls:

KylesMom
05-15-2007, 11:30 AM
And as a side note, with a 7:50AM breakfast at Chef Mickey's, do you think we'll make it in time for the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom? I guess we should show up at the podium 20 minutes early and wish for the best? At any rate, I'm thrilled!

This would be somewhat difficult, as it would give you less than an hour (if you're seated on time) to eat, visit with the characters, and RUN from CR to MK utilizing the walkway. You'd really have to scarf & run to catch the opening ceremony, as it usually occurs before 9 am. Take your time & enjoy Chef Mickey's! :thumbsup:

OOPS lost my original train of thought. We also had a situation whereby we cancelled an ADR at Ohana (long story - didn't want to eat there again that week due to a bad breakfast experience) and the Disney Dining operator spent five minutes trying to talk me out of cancelling the dinner.