PDA

View Full Version : The DVC is really tring to get me to purchase.

LoriMistress
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM
DH and I were somewhat interested in purchasing DVC. I signed up for a contest to win a DVC AKL for three years free. For the past three days I've got nothing but packages, a huge hard cover book of the DVC, and now I got a postcard today of the AKL.

Did Disney send this much info. to any of you before joining?

rsumrall
04-24-2007, 01:19 AM
That hard-back book is some promotional material isn't it?! most places put together glossy brochures. disney does a full color 200 page book - UNBELIEVABLE!

KevGuy
04-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Yea we went to the presentation at MK last Thursday, got the book, even gave us free instant fastpasses for teh rest of the day. Not really a hard sell but a wealth of information was provided. We didn't do the tour as we left the next day, but saw enough on the dvd. I'm proud to say we have just bought into the SSR (last night) and are more than happy with the decision. AK was very new, had higher maintenance fees because of the animals, and is kinda out of the way transportation wise. I imagine that since we paid cash to get in now, in a few years after they have some real pictures instead of artist renditions of what the villas will really look like we may buy into that one as well.:D

wendy*darling
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
They do have a lot of information to share. As members for almost 7 years now, we still get postcards, new guidebooks, etc throughout the year. With AKL being built- we have gotten a number of mailings about it. I love it!

I do not call that a hard sell at all- they are not bugging you on the phone. But they are keeping DVC in your mind while you make the decision.
You can easily throw out anything you are not interested in reading.
But if you are interested- read it all, call them and ask questions.

It's certainly the best thing we ever did!