PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day crowds??

tink36
04-23-2007, 09:42 PM
We will be visiting the World during the Memorial Day holiday. We will arrive on Sunday, May 27, and depart June 2. How crowded will it be? Disney lists that week as a good time to go, but I've seen other web sites listing that weekend as being VERY crowded. I've been during Thanksgiving week and during New Year's break, both very crowded. How does the Memorial Day holiday compare?

Thanks in advance for your help. :mickey:

dixielandings
04-24-2007, 01:38 AM
We are arriving Thursday, the 24th, and leaving the day you get there. We are expecting it to be very crowded - and if it's not, we'll be pleasantly surprised. We've made ADRs for just about every meal, with the exception of a couple of breakfasts that we'll grab at POR. And of course, we will make extensive use of FP!

faline
04-24-2007, 05:43 AM
I've been over Memorial Day weekend before and have found it to be quite manageable. I don't think it will be anywhere near as crowded as Thanksgiving. Do plan on it being quite busy in the Magic Kingdom.

tlhewitt52
04-24-2007, 07:41 AM
My family was there last memorial day crowds are quite manageable the only time we were overly crowded was at AK. Like the above post says you will want to utilize your FP to the best of your ability and I would utilize Early morning hours...You should be fine!!

January-2007
04-24-2007, 09:34 AM
We'll be there! I am hoping that after the initial weekend is over it won't be too too bad, but am still expecting the worse. We're planning on a lot of pool time with little jaunts into the parks here and there. :mickey:

bmj721
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
We are arriving on the Tuesday before and leaving on the Sunday before Memorial Day. Except for Saturday, I'm assuming the parks should be tolerable. Am I correct?
:mickey:

faline
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
All parks will likely be in good shape with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. It will depend on when Florida schools get out for the season. I think every local schoolchild heads to the Magic Kingdom as soon as they're out of school for the summer!