PDA

View Full Version : Board Shorts at Waterpark?

MattJenRocky
04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm really self conscious being in a baithing suit! Can women wear board shorts to the waterparks and are there people who wear shorts and shirts in the water at the parks?

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
There isn't a 'dress code' at Disney's water parks but there are certain restrictions. You will not be allowed on the slides in shorts or in anything with rivets, zippers or sharp decoration of any sort. You can wear swimwear that's cut like shorts, but you cannot wear 'streetwear' type shorts.

You must wear swimwear, but it's ok to wear a long t-shirt over your swim costume if you prefer to be a bit more covered up. A good option is a one piece suit with a built-in skirt (a bit more modest than a higher cut style) and a t-shirt

MissyWishes
04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Our family went to the water parks recently. We all wore board shorts over our swimming costumes. My husband and sons also wore rash vest/t-shirts over the top as well. More for sun protection than modesty but nothing was said to any of us by anyone with regards to what we were wearing. I wore one piece bathers with shorts that reach to just above my knees.

McGoofy
04-24-2007, 06:21 PM
When I went to Typhoon Lagoon, I was very thankful that I was wearing swim shorts over my bathing suit bottom. When you get on some of those water slides, you can have what the lady in the Disney promo at the resorts calls a "super atomic wedgie." Let me just say that can be quite embarrassing when you stand up!! Board shorts keeps it a little more modest!:thumbsup:

EvilQueen2006
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I wear men's board shorts with a bikini top as a bathing suit. I think you will be fine wearing this, as I have seen that this has been in fashion for the past few years for women.

4myprincesses
04-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I've been looking at getting board shorts this year. Any suggestions on what to get or what to avoid. I can't seem to locate them in the midwest (go figure) so I'll be ordering online, any help would be appreciated!

McGoofy
04-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I've been looking at getting board shorts this year. Any suggestions on what to get or what to avoid. I can't seem to locate them in the midwest (go figure) so I'll be ordering online, any help would be appreciated!

Oh you are brave to order on line! I can never get stuff to fit right. I guess I just take clothing like that for granted because I live on the coast, and you can find it all over the place. If you have the time and ability, I'll bet the Wal-Mart in Kissimmee would be a whole lot cheaper than ordering on line, and you can try the board shorts on. Also, Downtown Disney, resort hotels, and the waterparks all sell board shorts too. I tried on Disney board shorts last year but ended up not getting them. As for what kind to get, it's all in what feels comfortable to you. My favorite pair that I ever owned came from JC Penney.