PDA

View Full Version : Single rider lines questions

Bruegge
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Which rides use the single rider queue and how much of an advantage in time did/do you save if riding alone

Scott

dizneygirl
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
My Dad and I used the single rider line for RockNRoller Coaster and managed to cut a 100 min wait to about 30...it was well worth it. Some single riders even are able to ride with the person they came with, depending on the passenger count. I know Soarin also offers this single rider option. I wish more rides did this because it pays off in peak times (who really talks to the person next to them during a roller coaster anyway? hahaha!):thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
We use it for Test Track:thumbsup: The standby line might be 60 minutes and the single rider maybe 20. It's not like we are going to talk during the ride anyway.;) I can always see DH too:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I did Test Track last year, and the folks in the Fast Pass line were saying, "what line are they in"?

You can't talk on Test Track, so what's the big deal.?

This year, I'm doing EVERYTHING possible on the single line. I think Mission Space is the only other ride in Epcot that's single line. In MGM, there's TT and R'nRC. AK has EE, and I can't think of any in MK, right off.:secret:

pamickeys
04-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Test Track with out a doubt,since the cars are 6 people , 3 in the front, 3 in the back, the ride is naturally a single rider's dream. Since the ride has opened my DW and I have been in the same car,together, once.Yet we ride it every time we are in Epcot.

Melanie
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Definitely utilize single rider at Test Track if that's an option for you. It's well worth it!

Soarin' does not have a single rider line (in Florida), unless something has changed very recently.

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
RnRC has a brand new one. TT was probably the first to use it, and it is still in use today.

EE uses it, and we did it three times during AP Preview weekend, and I rode w/ my mother twice out of the three times. One time was a fluke, because they just didn't put two people in a row for standby, so they got us out of the single rider. The second, we were on two different trains, but back to back. It was fun sitting next to other people. THe man I sat next two waited 2.5 hrs, I rode it twice in less than 30 min. The third time, they started handing out Single Rider passes (at first you could only ask for them) but to get people out of standby, they announced them. THis caused the Single Rider line to be longer than the fast pass (already sold out) line. Finally, it was getting too long, so every few rides, they did whole train of single riders, so we sat together then.

We will definately do it more often. I like the front of RnRC, so we probably won't do it there, but other places we will. We've done everything (except EE) enough that we're ok w/ sitting w/ other people. We don't talk on them anyway.

I don't think Soarin has one. MS used to, but now its used for the non motion team, me thinks.

Jared
04-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Test Track, Rock "n" Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest are the three attractions with single rider options.

Mission: SPACE had one until the advent of the Green and Orange missions.

Single rider lines definitely are shorter than regular queues and are worthwhile if your party is willing to split. In my experience with the single rider line in Test Track, parties are often in the same car, just not in the same row. I can't speak for the other two attractions.

Regardless, when you use single rider, assume you will be completely split from the rest of your party.

:)

goofygirl67
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Since I go alone to WDW I use Single rider all the time. EE is best, I was on it 3 times in 30 min and got different views from the train.

Goes4FastPass
04-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Single rider line is faster - particularly at Test track - here's why. The cars are 2 rows fo 3 people. Many people are in 'pairs' touring the parks.

I've seen people in the single rider line try to finagle sitting beside each other. The CMs I observed were very deliberate about splitting up people who were 'together' in the single rider line.

Single rider lines are a fine idea but play fair, expect to be separated.

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I dont like riding with some I dont know, not really sure why, maybe because I like laughing and smiling and joking before hand and as we pull into the station. Also we like to buy the picture at the end. Once me and 2 girlfriends were on a rollercoaster and it was a 4 person across one, well the random man who was in our row ending up buying the picture with us in it, it was very strange!!

Meteora
04-24-2007, 10:10 PM
My sister used the single rider line for EE while we were there--during Christmas week I might add--and waited about 15 minutes each time. Ecah time she was told that the line was longer than it actually was.

This was really convenient for her because she's the only roller-coaster rider in our family. However, I promised I'd give it a try next time, and there's no way I'll do the single rider line--I'm way too much of a scaredy-cat to ride without her next to me!

imaprincess!
04-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Single-rider lines are great! What a wonderful way to save time and ride more than once. :thumbsup:

joelkfla
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Test Track, RnRC, and Expedition: Everest are the only active single rider lines at WDW.

A "Single Flyers" line was planned for Soarin', but was abandoned shortly after the attraction opened. It just didn't work because the seating configuration is too flexible in accommodating different size parties. I don't know why it seems to work better out at DL.

The single rider line at Mission: Space was repurposed to the Green Team line. There's usually not much of a wait there, anyway, especially in the evening.

There is a partial single riders line at Space Mountain that's been used in very busy times. It only bypasses the last couple of switchbacks of the inside queue.

battle beast
04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
In low times you could probably do without it on some rides, right?

But in peak times, that sounds like a great idea!

100 Minute wait on RnRC? Really?

Wow!

TennesseeTink
04-25-2007, 08:24 AM
DD 9 still gets a little scared on the big rides and wants Mom or Dad to ride with her(perfectly understandable). But DD15 and I did the single rider line for TT and thought it was great. Funny thing though...Stand-by wait time was posted at 60 minutes, Single rider at 20. In 20 minutes we were off the ride, DH and DD9(who were in the standby line) got off literally 2 minutes after we did. What's up with that?:D Worked out though. I'd still do single rider again anytime. It's not the kind of ride that you chat on.

Figment!
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Test Track is the only attraction that we've experienced an advantage on using the Single Rider line.

As mentioned above, Test Track has odd number of seats per unit (row). As most groups are even, the single rider line here is utilized more often.

SoarN' was designed to have a single rider line, but it has reportedly never been utilized.

malip
04-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I have used the Single Rider line on EE and TT quite a bit and find them very fast most days. Usually wait less than 20 minutes. I tried the RnRC line a couple of weeks ago and did not wait it out because I was trying to get in a ride before Fantasmic. I found the RnRC line to be less convenient than the others. Don't know if anyone else had this problem.

Disdad13
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Couple quick questions:

1. Where exactly are the single rider lines? I love RnR and TT and EE, but I only saw the standby and fastpass lines. Especially at TT and RnR - are the single rider lines after you get out of the "presentation" room part of the que, or just as you enter the ride line?

2. Does anybody know if you can use the single rider line with the child swap?

3. We will be there in September - do they run the single rider lines then, or only during peak months?

LoriMistress
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
DH and I used them a lot throughout our trip. There were lines at time 45 minutes and longer later on during the day. I would wait the longest five minutes.

Speedy1998
04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Couple quick questions:

1. Where exactly are the single rider lines? I love RnR and TT and EE, but I only saw the standby and fastpass lines. Especially at TT and RnR - are the single rider lines after you get out of the "presentation" room part of the que, or just as you enter the ride line?

2. Does anybody know if you can use the single rider line with the child swap?

3. We will be there in September - do they run the single rider lines then, or only during peak months?

Single rider lines are exactly what they sound like. They use people from the single rider line to fill "hole" in the ride vehicle. If you go through the single rider line as a group you will be split up. It was introduce for test track, because so many cars were leaving with empty seats and has expanded to other attractions. As far as I know they run the single rider lines year round. Not sure you can use it with rider swap, but I do not see why you would not be able too. The single rider lines often share the FastPass entrance and split from fastpass near the ride. The exceptions is TT which has a dedicated line (It sounds like RR got one, but I have not been there since the single rider line opened). Currently the rides that have single rider are Test Track, Rock 'n' Roller, and EE. MS used to have one and Splash Mountain had one briefly (a CM told me they were having too many problems with it, and SM endend up only having it for a few months at the end of 05 begining of 06). The only other info I can give you is that if it does not have a dedicated line you will have to ask the CM at the Fastpass entrance about it. They will give you a single rider pass, and another CM will split the single riders from the fastpass people near the loading area.

magicofdisney
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Something happened on TT single rider line that bugged me last week. A woman entered the line with a small child (less than 6?). The sign specifically says your party will be separated. It was just annoying to see that knowing full well she intended to ride the ride with that little girl. BTW, the standby line was advertising a 70min wait.

joelkfla
04-25-2007, 08:54 PM
They are all totally separate queues. RnR just opened their single riders a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't seen the new set-up yet. TT is between the standby and FastPass entrances; it has an overhead sign like the others, and is pretty easy to spot. EE is kind of hidden, between the FP entrance and the gift shop. It's only marked by a sandwich-board sign. It's where the sample, try-on-for-size seats are.

TT's SR seems to be always open, except sometimes just before closing. EE SR was sometimes being shut down when it wasn't needed, when it got too long, or when it was close to park closing; I don't know whether that's still the practice. I don't have any experience with RnR's yet.