PDA

View Full Version : calling all ice tea lovers...

septembergirl
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello!
I am an iced tea addict but it is sometimes touch and go when I travel finding a good glass of tea. Any other ice tea lovers out there who can let me know what to expect at the Disney resort as this will be our first time on property?
Thanks!

Piglet822
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I like the iced tea that Disney serves. I don't know what kind it is. It's unsweetened. Disney doesn't serve sweet tea on property. I don't mind though, I use Splenda in my tea no matter where I'm at.

TennesseeTink
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I am a sweet tea lover; therefore I survive mostly on bottled water or an occasional Coke while at WDW. Just adding sweeteners to unsweet tea after it's already cold does nothing for me. Not serving sweet tea is one of the very few things that Disney does that makes me sad. :(

AdventurerKim
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I too am an avid iced tea drinker and like the tea that Disney serves, at least in their restaurants. I don't like fountain tea or bottled tea that isn't flavored. Some hotels on property have flavored Nestea (or they did) which is awesome.

Tinkerkel
04-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm a Gerogia Girl, so I love sweet tea!!! I have ordered warm tea AND a glass of ice so I can just add the sugar then pour it over the ice. It's not as good as adding the sugar when the tea is fresh, but it does the trick!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm a Gerogia Girl, so I love sweet tea!!! I have ordered warm tea AND a glass of ice so I can just add the sugar then pour it over the ice. It's not as good as adding the sugar when the tea is fresh, but it does the trick!

We Southern girls do miss it! Adding the sugar is not quite the same for me....

bleukarma
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I love tea!

Columbia Harbour House at MK has the "real" sweet tea. They are the only place that does it fresh brewed instead of out of a fountain. :number1:

tinkerbell04
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Columbia Harbor House does serve the sweet tea! That is just another reason to go there! The tea company in Asia be Expedition Everest serves great brewed teas. Lots of regular and exotic flavors. The iced teas the last time we were there included, red raspberry, green tea with peppermint and ginsing and one other that is escaping my mind right now. I tried the green tea and the raspberry and both were great! :mickey:

Clotho
04-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh I love iced tea. Up here in the NW, most iced tea is non-sweetened, or lightly flavored (like a mango ice tea). I prefer unsweetened, and allow me to add a little lemon and sugar. Most pre-sweetened iced teas are too sweet for my taste.

Thanks for the Columbia Harbor House tip. I love to eat there, I will have to try the tea!

I am an "Arnold Palmer" fan, and usually order them when I am not sure if the iced tea itself will be all that great, or will make them for myself if it is a self-serve beverage fountain with "on tap" iced tea (which is rarely any good IMO). Half lemonade, half iced tea. Yum!:thumbsup: VERY refreshing!

Crow
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
just saw that there is a tea stand in China WS now that has some interesting sounding things so i will have to try

septembergirl
04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am feeling much better now! I too am a southern girl. I enjoy sweetening my own iced tea with artificial sweetener although I do not usually care for flavored teas except lemon. I am relieved to know that there are many choices at WDW and I will not be having to go through withdrawal during my vacation!:cloud9:

LovinWDW
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm an avid iced tea drinker due to the fact that I don't like anything that's carbonated. You have to try the MANGO ICED TEA at Wolfgang Pucks in Down Town Disney. One of the best I've ever had.:thumbsup:

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I will have to remember all these great suggestions since my mom almost always drinks iced tea when we go out.

May524
04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I can't wait to try the mango iced tea!!!
I love iced tea! Unsweetned please :)
I dislike bottled teas, usually they are way to sugary. :blush:

Tinkerfreak
04-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm an avid iced tea drinker due to the fact that I don't like anything that's carbonated. You have to try the MANGO ICED TEA at Wolfgang Pucks in Down Town Disney. One of the best I've ever had.:thumbsup:

The Mango Iced Tea at Wolfgang Pucks is the best tea I have ever had.
I am not from the south but sweet tea is one of my favorite southern things, they really know how to do sweet tea.
Here up North you are lucky if you can get a glass of the yucky Nestea unsweetened powder stuff at our restaurants. Some of the chain restaurants are serving some better tea options but I still have never had anything better than southern sweet tea.

tinkerbell04
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
The Mango tea is awesome at Wolfgangs. At the counter service location you can even get free refills, one of the only counter service places that you can do that!

nqi2
04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I can handle them not having sweet tea as long as their is splenda available. Does anyone know if they have Splenda. What about most CS places. Do they have tea as well or just the TS places?:confused:

Tigerlilly
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Someone posted on here somewhere earlier today about Splenda being available in the parks. It is!!

WinnieThePooh
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Last year in September we had sweet tea at the Garden Grill Restaurant in the Land Pavillion in Epcot.

My daughter got such a kick out of watching me make my "own" sweet tea at POPS last year. I used the refillable mugs and put the sugar in it then put just enough hot water to dissolve it then put ice in and then the tea:woohoo: :woohoo:

Piglet822
04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I can handle them not having sweet tea as long as their is splenda available.

Splenda is available.

magicofdisney
06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I know I'm late in the game with my reply here, but I did a day trip yesterday. We ate lunch at The Rainforest Café in AK and they serve sweet tea. It was yummy! I was so excited to find another place serving it. They also have unsweet tea for anyone interested. :mickey:

T-Belle
06-05-2007, 07:31 PM
I am a sweet tea lover; therefore I survive mostly on bottled water or an occasional Coke while at WDW. Just adding sweeteners to unsweet tea after it's already cold does nothing for me. Not serving sweet tea is one of the very few things that Disney does that makes me sad. :(
I feel the same way. That's just the "Southern" in us.

septembergirl
06-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I know I'm late in the game with my reply here, but I did a day trip yesterday. We ate lunch at The Rainforest Café in AK and they serve sweet tea. It was yummy! I was so excited to find another place serving it. They also have unsweet tea for anyone interested. :mickey:

Not at all. Good info to have. Good tea is a top priority for my dining!

hokies4life
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM
My Boyfriend and I were thinking of doing a trip next August, and I was worried about him finding things to drink since he normally downs Sweet Tea like its going out of style. But I'm glad to know that there are a few places that we would be able to find it in the Parks :)

BUcivilimagineer
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I love the iced tea in Disney. I like tea in general. The tea in Disney has a certain taste and when I drink it I associate it with good memories. On of my siblings craves Disney iced tea weeks before the trip.

tomorrowschild
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I love iced tea- especially unsweetened tea. I live in Canada and all we have up here is sweet tea, so I love to go to the States and have unsweetened iced tea. I love the iced green tea they serve in Japan. I also like the raspberry iced tea that Rainforest Cafe serves.