PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Backpacks

BashfulMom
04-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I purchased a rolling backpack to stash items that I might need for my DS when we go to Kings Island. However, I want to make sure that I can use it at WDW. Are there any restrictions at the parks for using rolling backpacks?

keacc
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Rolling backpacks and coolers are not allowed at WDW.

Michigander
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
This is true. However if its small enough for you to carry in and rent a stroller to stole it in this works great.I know because I just returned from there and I had a rolling cooler and the CM told me that if I could pick it up and carry it in I could take it in. The rule about no helies in the park is a laugh too! Not once in all the time I was there did I see one CM tell a kid with helies on that they could not use them. Those kids rolled all over the place. But do rent a stroller to put all your bags in then you don't have to carry them on your back and the crowd parts for a stroller!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
IT really is a pain pulling a rolling bag through the world. You run into people with it, they step on it, trip over it. IT's just not pretty.
How much stuff do you need to bring for your child?
A better option would be fanny packs for each person. We bought some at WalMart that have a zippered pouch in the middle ( sunscreen,passes, camera and poncho could fit in) It also had 2 water bottle pouches, 1 for a water bottle and 1 for a mister fan!. These worked much better than trying to lug everything around.

casey@bat
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I second the fanny pack idea. I have three kids and we fit everything we need into our fanny packs. I do occasionally take a small bag for snacks, stickers, sippy cups, etc. to keep my 3 yr. old busy. This stays in the stroller so I don't have to carry it.

BashfulMom
04-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I second the fanny pack idea. I have three kids and we fit everything we need into our fanny packs.

I was planning on bringing a change of clothes for my DS as he is not fully potty trained yet. I didn't think a fanny pack would hold that much?

Piglet822
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
We've brought a change of clothes in the past and we usually rent a locker when we do this. Would this be an option for you?

You don't mention the age of your DS but if you're potty training I'm guessing about 3 years of age, give or take. I would imagine you'd be using a stroller for him. Are you renting? If so consider renting a double stroller. We did this when we went to the park with my girlfriends granddaughter and we were able to stash out coolers and such in the stroller with her. It worked out quite well.

CleveRocks
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
When we went 2 years ago, our kids were 5 and 2.5. The younger one was still in diapers. I wore a backpack that had diapers and associated supplies, plus a change of clothes or 2 for each kid. It didn't take up much room ... the backpack wasn't stuffed ... kids' warm weather clothes take up surprisingly little room.

Good that you asked this question ... WDW prohibits you from taking anything into the parks that you'd need to tow behind you, because it's a safety hazard.

crazypoohbear
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
If you are bringing a change of clothes, a good idea I had read about (maybe herer) is to but kids outfits for each day in a gallon size zip lock bag, shorts/shirt/socks all fit nicely for the small ones. Depending on the size fanny pack you purchase you would be able to fit a small pair of shorts/shirt in the zippered part!
Or like suggested if you are using a stroller just hang a small backpack off the handles, get a really bright on to identify your stroller in the crowds

Tigerlilly
04-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Our daughter is 2 and is 90% potty trained. We are putting her in pull ups all week at Disney just in case she gets excited and forgets to go or waits too long. We plan on carrying 2 extra pullups in a fanny pack and renting a locker. I do NOT want to have to carry a bunch of junk around all day.

1EeyoreFan
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I have a 2 yr. old as well. We leave a bag with all her supplies on the back of the stroller and I carry a small bag ( messenger type to free up my hands) with camera, money, room key, etc. The stroller is always close by if we need it for a quick change or clean up!

If you have a stroller with a basket you could carry a small cooler with some juices and favorite snacks and leave it stowed in the basket. Fruit gummies are a great bribe when waiting in long lines! lol

BashfulMom
04-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I had been thinking about renting a stroller for our son and now I think I will.

Thanks again.