PDA

View Full Version : Driving from POR to Wilderness Lodge

tink2006
04-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Can anybody give me driving directions from POR to Wilderness Lodge? We are having dinner there on our first night. We will be at DTD during the afternoon. Thought it would be easier to go back to our hotel (POR) and hop in our car and go to Wildnerness Lodge.

Once again, Thanks for your help!

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Well, you actually have a few options to make it easier.

One would be to take the WL bus from DTD. Unless you are shopping or changing clothes, this would be the way to go.

Second, would be to take your car to DTD and leave from there. Again, if you are changing your clothes, this way would not work.

In any case, you just follow the signs to the Magic Kingdom/MK resorts, and you'll be there. You have to tell them at the parking entrance to MK that you will be going to WL. Stay toward the right. There are clearly marked signs, so you shouldn't get lost!

wildernesslady
04-23-2007, 11:05 AM
We have done this many times. I do not remember any of the road names however. Go right out of POR. At first light go left. Stay on that road. You will pass FW on your right. After that the road bends to the right. There may be a light/stop sign there. You will bypass the MK parking entrance. Stay on this road and turn right onto Timberline Dr.(light). The lodge is on this road. Enjoy dinner.

tink2006
04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your help:number1:

Piglet822
04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
We have done this many times. I do not remember any of the road names however. Go right out of POR. At first light go left. Stay on that road. You will pass FW on your right. After that the road bends to the right. There may be a light/stop sign there. You will bypass the MK parking entrance. Stay on this road and turn right onto Timberline Dr.(light). The lodge is on this road. Enjoy dinner.

These are the best directions, IMO, and the ones I was going to give you.
You will be turning right on Bonnet Creek Parkway out of POR and left on Vista Blvd. When you get to the end of Vista Blvd there's no light, the road will just curve to the right. Stay in the right lane and the next light is the entrance to Wilderness Lodge.
To go back to POR make a left out of Wilderness Lodge. Follow the roadway to a stop sign and go straight. Pass the campground to the traffic light and turn right. POR will be the first resort on the left hand side.