PDA

View Full Version : How does baby swap work?

Mom2princesses
04-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Do you all wait in line together? We are going with a 10 yo and a 3 year old. I figure that either my hubby or I will go on one of the bigger rides with my 10 year old and then the other one will go on by themself while waiting with the 3 you for them to get off the ride and then they will watch the 3 yo while the other parent rides alone.

:mickey:

imaprincess!
04-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Baby swap is awesome! :thumbsup: Yes, you all wait in line together. One rides while the other holds the baby, then you switch when the first rider returns.

kakn7294
04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
If you see a child you like better than the one you have, you offer to swap - oh wait, that's pin trading! :D Seriously, baby swap depends on the ride. In most cases, you will wait in line together but in some instances, you will get a fastpass for the parent who sits out the first time or someone will have to wait at the exit. Your best bet is to ask the CM who's almost always waiting at the entrance to the ride how to baby swap.

Figment!
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
See also the Baby Swap (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/children/babyswap.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/children/babyswap.asp)

The Joker
06-07-2007, 06:11 AM
See also the Baby Swap (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/children/babyswap.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

I think that section needs some updating, since some attractions don't let you swap in the loading area (as stated in Info Central), but provide a "group fastpass" instead.

biodtl
06-07-2007, 09:12 AM
and then they will watch the 3 yo while the other parent rides alone.

Actually, your 10yo can ride again with the second parent, which is great.

Dyanna
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
We will be going with our 10 month old in Oct. Am I correct that we would have to hold the baby while we wait in line together or would we be allowed to bring the stroller in line with us?

Lizzie
06-08-2007, 02:07 PM
On most rides you ask a cast member for a baby swap as you enter the line. Often times they want to see your baby. Then the person using the baby swap pass goes in through the fast pass line and I think you can bring up to 4 people with it. Which was great for us when we traveled in a large group and had about 7 kids in the group that couldn't ride the ride.
And you don't have to use the baby swap pass immediatly. It gives you dates not times to use it by.

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
If you see a child you like better than the one you have, you offer to swap - oh wait, that's pin trading! :D Seriously, baby swap depends on the ride. In most cases, you will wait in line together but in some instances, you will get a fastpass for the parent who sits out the first time or someone will have to wait at the exit. Your best bet is to ask the CM who's almost always waiting at the entrance to the ride how to baby swap.

that's funny. And Dinosaur was one of the rides that gives the Fastpasses on the baby swap. They did last year.

JOrdan:]

Flower
06-09-2007, 06:48 AM
We will be going with our 10 month old in Oct. Am I correct that we would have to hold the baby while we wait in line together or would we be allowed to bring the stroller in line with us?

In most cases you will not be allowed to bring the stroller with you.

Example: When DS 3 was riding Goofys Barnstormer in Toontown, DS3 & DH waited in line, I was allowed to push the stroller to the unloading exit with DS 2 months. When DS3 & DH finished the ride, myself and DS 3 rode while DH & baby waited at the top of the exit for us to finish.

MouseManiac
06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
We baby swapped a TON on our trip last September. On every occasion, my husband went to the ride entrance with our older children and told the CM we were baby swapping. He was then given a fast pass for me to use. He would ride with the kids while I would walk around with the baby outside. When they exited the ride, I would go through the fastpass lane with the kids... They loved being able to ride twice in a row! Occasionally, if I had been on a ride before, we saved the pass and went on later... But my husband and kids for whom this was the first trip to Disney got to have the "first time" experience together.

One word of warning... And boy, did this go right up my backside... When you ride Sorin' they want to see the baby at the ride entrance, which is INSIDE The Land pavilion. Strollers are not allowed INSIDE The Land... my baby was asleep in said stroller...

DH went inside with the kids to the ride and were turned away for the baby swap because they needed to see the baby. He came out, and told me what was going on, so I went to the CM at the door and explained the situation, showed him my daughter sleeping in her carriage and asked if he could call down to the ride and give my husband the "all clear". "No, you'll have to wake your daughter, and bring her inside."

Now, normally, I would have told the kids we would go on the ride later, but I was so peeved by the attitude of this lazy CM that I did, in fact wake my sleeping daughter,and brought her inside screaming her bloody head off! When I emerged I sat right next to him glaring, so that he could enjoy the crying that went on for the next 45 minutes! :mad:

It would have taken a second of this CM's time, and it would have made all the difference in our day... This was the only bad experience I have EVER had at Disney.