PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper Opt vs extra day base

psychotekkie
04-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone,
I am planning a little 5-day trip to WDW in late August, and trying to save some money. I really don't want to Park Hop except for one day for AK and MGM. If I pay for Park Hopper Option it will cost us $40 each for the four of us. So what if I just paid for 6-day base tickets (an added cost of about $3 each)? Is it possible to go to two parks in one day by using two days of base tickets? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
04-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Nope, you can only use 1 day on your ticket per day per park unless you have the park hopper option included.

CleveRocks
04-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Nope, you can only use 1 day on your ticket per day per park unless you have the park hopper option included.
100% correct.

Here was a CM's response to a similar question on a different message board:

The system is set up in such a way that you cannot use a base ticket that does not have the hopper option in more than one major park (AK, EC, MGM, MK) on one day.

If you have been to one park and attempt to use your ticket in another park on the same day, when you put it in the turnstile several things will happen.

1. The display on the Guest side will show "ACCESS DENIED".

2. The turnstile will not unlock.

3. The two line display on the Greeter side will show information about the ticket's entitlements on the top line, and on the lower line it will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED".

If the Greeter wishes, by pushing a button he/she can see exactly when and where the ticket was used last.

Depending on the Greeter, and how crowded it is, you will either be told your options at that time or told to go to either Guest Relations or any ticket window for further explanation.

Marilyn Michetti
04-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe I'm mis-understanding the original question. Wasn't psychotekkie asking if he/she could buy two base tickets to be used on the same day?

That question was asked some time ago, and I was looking for the correct answer also.

What would stop someone from buying a ticket for AK after they had used their original base ticket at MGM?

Was that the question?:confused:

SBETigg
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Marilyn, the way the original poster explains it is adding another day to their base ticket for the reduced rate that you get with the extended days tickets vs buying a whole new one day ticket. That's not going to work, because it's simply not allowed to visit more than one park per day. The system won't simply consider it a new day, new ticket.

And since buying a one day ticket otherwise costs more than the $40 extra per person for park hopping, it just doesn't make sense to purchase admission outside the base ticket. It makes sense to add the park hopper if that's what you plan to do and perhaps change your plans to make better use of the feature, or to eliminate need for hopping.

CleveRocks
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe I'm mis-understanding the original question. Wasn't psychotekkie asking if he/she could buy two base tickets to be used on the same day?

That question was asked some time ago, and I was looking for the correct answer also.

What would stop someone from buying a ticket for AK after they had used their original base ticket at MGM?

Was that the question?:confused:

Yes, I'm afraid you misunderstood. A one-day base ticket costs $71.36. To buy two separate one-day passes would cost double that, or $142.72. To buy a 1-day pass with the park hopper option would be $119.28. So sure, you are free to buy 2 totally separate 1-day passes and use them both on the same day, but why not buy the hopper and save $23.44???

That's why a few of us knew that the question was about using 2 days off of a multi-day ticket, because asking about using 2 separate 1-day tickets on the same day would be nonsensical.

psychotekkie
04-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank you so much for the great information everyone. I totally understand how it works now.

Have a great day!:mickey: