PDA

View Full Version : UGH...leaving in less than 48 hrs...still so mcuh to do!

momof2munkies
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok...we are leaving in less than 48 hrs and I still have so much to do! I am feeling overwhelmed! :bang:

I still have to finish last minute shopping that I did not get to finish today. Of course I still have to pack for myself, DD, and DS...DH can pack himself. And I have not even began to plan our days out on an itenerary....do you think this is an absolute must? I am not much of an organized person..sad but true!

Oh and I have to work tomorrow and take the kids to school!:fit:

Any suggestions for one frazzeled, unorganized momma. Did I mention this is our first family vacation?

Danielle:mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I would say you have your work cut out for you!

I do think that you should have some idea of what you're going to be doing on the trip, like what parks on what days, but you can plan this on your way there. Also, if you are doing any ADR's, you should probably have an idea bout that :cool:

If there's anything we can do (other than packing and errands) just ask!

momof2munkies
04-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes...I do have all my ADR's and I know that will help with what parks on what days. Is it neccessary to plan out every detail of your day..or just kinds wing it once you get there? I pretty much know what all attractions we will want to see at what parks. I could actually write it all out on the plane ride..didn't even think of that!

Thanks!

DisneyDudet
04-23-2007, 01:44 AM
I usually just pick out what parks to go to, and a general strategy for once we get there (like what ride/land first, etc) and after about the first or second thing, its whatever there's time for and what floats our boat.

Planning on the plane will give you something to pass the time! Thats were you can come up w/ a more specific strategy if you wanted...

Be sure to write down/print out park hours, event (fireworks, parades) times, and EMH days to help you plan it out!

BigRedDad
04-23-2007, 04:53 AM
My recommendation is not to sweat it. Things are always going to come up that forces you to change plans. If you micromanage your vacation, it becomes work. You are not going on vacation to work. Go with the flow, have fun, enjoy being there, and stop stressing.

faline
04-23-2007, 05:52 AM
As long as you have a general plan for which parks you will be in on which days, have your dining reservations in place, and have a general idea of which attractions are your must sees, you'll be fine! There's no need for a minute by minute plan!

Have a great time!

vamaggie
04-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Yes...I do have all my ADR's and I know that will help with what parks on what days. Is it neccessary to plan out every detail of your day..or just kinds wing it once you get there? I pretty much know what all attractions we will want to see at what parks. I could actually write it all out on the plane ride..didn't even think of that!

Thanks!

We do not plan every minute (but i know there are folks who do) and with kids I think too much planning sets you up for problems as plans never go as planned! What I would plan out is 1) what parks for what day(based on ADRs, EMH etc) and 2) how you want to "attack" each park. One of the things that really irks me is people who enter a park-MK for example-and then stand there, in the middle of Main St with an open park map and 7 people and try to figure out where to go first. I feel like screaming at them "Get out of the way!!!!" Look at the maps (you can download them from the website) and plan where you want to go in each park and how you want to move around. This can be a good chance to make sure the kids also get to see what they really want. We usually tell each kid "give me your top 3 sites/rides/shows at each park" and then we plan so we make sure we can see these. Most importantly: Don't sweat it. I am jealous you get to go so soon--we have to wait til Nov! Enjoy!!!

IwannabeAprincess
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay first, breath... now that you did that I can tell you you are going to have a great time. Don't sweat the little day-planning details. Like others have said, just have an idea on what park you would like to go to on what day. If there is one thing I've learned from my trips to Disney it's that a lot of the time the best parts of your vacation are unplanned and surprises. Personally, I feel planning everything out makess your vacation (the thing that is supposed to be relaxing) stressful. Just have fun :mickey3: