PDA

View Full Version : How is Boardwalk?

girltwinz
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, so we jumped on the free dining bandwagon. All I could get that I think I will be happy with is a water view at Boardwalk. We will be going in Sept. It will be my family (dh, two 7yo's), my mom and dad, then my brother, his dw and 5yo. I so wanted Poly., then tried YC and BC but I really did not want standard view. Have I made a mistake? Should I try for something else?:confused:

Clotho
04-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I loved loved loved Boardwalk! It is fabulous! The boardwalk itself is a huge draw, and the proximity to Epcot is just icing! And then the boat to MGM...it's just fab! You will NOT be disappointed!:number1:

May524
04-22-2007, 10:54 PM
I LOVE the Boardwalk! It's a great resort, and the location can't be beat! Not to mention many dining options! You will have a great time!

lyle21
04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
another vote of support here. the boardwalk is one of my favorite places to stay.

MsMin
04-23-2007, 08:59 AM
We stayed there last Dec. and loved it. How can you beat walking out of your room and into EPCOT for morning coffee???
We were a much older crowd so we're drawn to the restaurants @ WS. We took the monorail to MK most of the time from the front of EPCOT. It just feels like you are in the heart of WDW, EPCOT out the front door and MGM out the back.
Have a great stay.

kmo84
04-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I stayed at the Boardwalk last summer and really enjoyed it.

Lots of dining options close by with Epcot and the Yacht & Beach Club resorts all within walking distance.

I think you will be happy with your choice! Have a great time!

Tigger1028
04-23-2007, 09:13 AM
We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last Sept.-Oct. We loved it. We had a standard view, that faced Epcot. We watched Illuminations from our balcony. It was great. We looked out on the Eiffel Tower every morning. It was quiet in the back too, you didn't hear all the activities going on at the Boardwalk area. We also really liked the proximity to Epcot. We just walked in and out, no waiting for buses or boats. We have stayed at all the moderates, WL, BC and the AKL and our favorites are WL and BWI. I really think you'll enjoy it!

BigRedDad
04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
We stayed at Boardwalk the week it opened. There was only one wing open at that time. We were there for a college football game that was moved to the Citrus Bowl. When we arrived, they only had Valet parking. Two of us were out of college, the rest were still in college. They were nice enough to move us to the far end of the wing that was not open yet.

It is a great resort. The boardwalk, ESPN bar, all the shops, two clubs, nightlife, walk to Epcot, boat to MGM. You can't go wrong. The only thing it is lacking is a monorail.

DizNee143
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
i LOVE the boardwalk!! it is a great resort!! i highly doubt you will be dissapointed in it!! hope you have a good time...:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Boardwalk is a terrific resort! :thumbsup:

Your dining options range from the Boardwalk's restaurants, to the YC/BC dining, to Swan & Dolphin, to MGM, and best of all, EPCOT's WS.

Every night after 6 PM, there's free (yes, free!) entertainment on the Boardwalk. It's family friendly and they encourage (if not demand) audience participation - jugglers, unicycles, magicians and that sort of thing. Great with kids! :mickey:

The atmosphere of the Boardwalk is really relaxing - it's a seaside type of theme with lots to do, but offers plenty of relaxing alternatives.

The main pool, Luna Park, is the one with the Clown roller coaster themed pool slide. Dumbo makes a subtle theme at the pool as well!

The walkway to MGM is out in back of the villas side (not sure which side you're staying on, the inn or the villas). From the villas side, it's a shorter walk to MGM. Conversely, the Inn side is closer to EPCOT.

If you or DH are into sporting events, ESPN has them all televised. Big River is (usually) a safe bet with very good beers. :beer: Flying Fish is a high energy, higher end, "creative" fish restaurant that we love.

It's a great choice with so many options. Even with our kids (6 & 8 years old) we usuallly make our dinner ressies in EPCOT. There are just too many good choices there!

Have a wonderful time! :mickey:

Disney4
04-23-2007, 05:44 PM
We stayed there last summer and loved the location and surroundings. The staff was really nice and I cannot tell you how cool it is to be able to walk to Epcot!

There is only one downside that I found. We had a water view room about 1/2 way down the corridor from the elevators. However, the service elevators are VERY LOUD and kept me up for the first few nights. I wasn't sure at first what the noise was. It was so loud, it sounded like a rollercoaster on tracks outside the window. After a couple days, I met some other guests in the hallway who had just asked to be moved because of the noise.

When you check in, listen for the "whooshing" noise of the elevators. If you can hear it during the daytime, imagine how loud it will be a night and ask for a room change.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-25-2007, 11:14 AM
The BWI is our favorite resort!! We also love the water view. We never really heard anything from the Boardwalk at night. However.... it was really awesome to hear the horn honk on the Friendship boats in the am. It was so welcoming! The last time we were there 05', we were right above the bakery! Which happens to be one of our favorite places on the Boardwalk! You will not be dissapointed. We were hooked right from the get go!! Maybe we will run into each other in September!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave: :wave: :wave: